Pulse Made in Canada Cymbals?

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
Anyone know anything about these? Saw some recently and they looked a lot like Sabian AAs. Everything I know about Pulse cymbals is that they were pretty cheap junk, but I think those are made in Germany or China or something not Canada. Any thoughts would be helpful, the logo was a rectangle that said "Pulse Percussion" inside and underneath they were stamped "Made in China."

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
Don't know specifically for this brand, but it ties into the post about OEM brands... There's a lot of companies out there sourcing "off-the-shelf" or made to spec cymbals from a couple of factories in China and Turkey, then slapping on a logo with all sorts of weird and wonderful line names. Found this, so would seem to be the case:

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/pulse-cymbals.html

I know about the far east made stenciled cymbals. As well as the Pulse Percussion ones that were made in Germany that seem like cheap stamped cymbals. I was specifically asking about the ones that are labeled Pulse Percussion and Made in Canada. I know that it is probably stenciled, and I'm guessing if they are Made in Canada I'm guessing they are probably made by Sabian. Just wondering if anyone knew anything more.

DaveCollingwood

I know about the far east made stenciled cymbals. As well as the Pulse Percussion ones that were made in Germany that seem like cheap stamped cymbals. I was specifically asking about the ones that are labeled Pulse Percussion and Made in Canada. I know that it is probably stenciled, and I'm guessing if they are Made in Canada I'm guessing they are probably made by Sabian. Just wondering if anyone knew anything more.

Ah cool, understood!

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
Here's some pictures. Anyway I offered $100 for them and the guy accepted, 14" Hats, 16" Crash, and 18" Crash/Ride. I figure for $100 I'll take a flyer on them and at worse they might work as a practice set.

They look like they are B20 to me since they don't seem to have the reddish coppery color that I associate with B8.

d1b30Co.jpg

eTwT1AL.jpg

Superman

Gold Member
I'd bet anything that those are brass. Probably the same quality as "Solar by Sabian" but with a Pulse logo. I'd stay away and keep my $100.

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
I'd bet anything that those are brass. Probably the same quality as "Solar by Sabian" but with a Pulse logo. I'd stay away and keep my $100.

I think you might be correct. I completely forgot to take the brass cymbals in to account.

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Those are definitely not B20 - and like the others, I'm quite sure they are simple stamped sheet brass. Look at the corrosion pattern on the larger cymbals - typical of brass, not of bronze.

Trust Dave. He's the expert.

GeeDeeEmm