Public Service Annoucement . . .

It's NOT "our" fault, though!

Every person that comes in here asking "What pack should I get; MCS or Zildjian i" is always told they are junk they'll end up ditching sooner rather than later.

It's all part of the circle of drumming life. It's just that prior to eBay and Craigslist the whole world didn't have to see them trying to unload that junk for five bucks less than what they paid for them like we do now.

But I feel your pain... :p

I love cheapy cymbals to use as experimentation fodder.
But I do see your point about a certain kind seemingly everywhere!!

I love cheapy cymbals to use as experimentation fodder.
But I do see your point about a certain kind seemingly everywhere!!
Got to look at the positive side of this: like you, I like cheapies for experimentation so as the market floods with the same MCS crap the price will fall with the lack of demand and we can now get more junk for our $.

Got to look at the positive side of this: like you, I like cheapies for experimentation so as the market floods with the same MCS crap the price will fall with the lack of demand and we can now get more junk for our $.

Awwww yiiiiisssss!! ? ❤

Well, when starting out, the ubiquity of used HCS sets inexpensively got me cymbals when I had none, and they held their value when I parted with them, no money lost. Also, I learned quite a bit with them. Also, also, their 12" China is a fun thing priced lower than a dollar menu lunch.

I started on Meinl HCS cymbals too. They’re cheap and well made so a lot of new drummers buy them. They sound like trash can lids, but they get you started. They’re just super common.

Back