Protection Racket AAA

Grolubao

Hi folks, I'm looking to upgrade my cases to a Protection Racket AAA.

I'm a bit confused though since it states the following:

A4008R-008" X 8" RIMS Rigid Tom Case(11" x 9" Internal)

So it seems that my Yamaha YESS mount 10x8 would fit in a 8x8 Protection Racket AAA.

Can anyone clarify this?

larryace

"Uncle Larry" - Administrator
Staff member
You're trusting the internal diameter. I sounds too big for an 8x8

If you double verify that, I still don't think an extra inch Internal diameter will fit a 10 x 8 with a RIMS mount

I am making an educated guess here.

Grolubao

You're trusting the internal diameter. I sounds too big for an 8x8

If you double verify that, I still don't think an extra inch Internal diameter will fit a 10 x 8 with a RIMS mount

I am making an educated guess here.
I mean it's what's on their website, I would suspect it's right. Just trying to reduce the footprint of the cases

Juniper

Gold Member
Reach out to them on social media and ask directly if no one can help here. I say as they've always been helpful in the past when I've contacted them.

TK-421

It sounds like they’re oversizing the cases to accommodate bulky RIMS mounts. Even though YESS mounts are significantly less bulky, I would still be doubtful that your 10” Yamaha tom would fit in the 8x8 case. With an internal diameter of 11”, that’s only 1” greater than your shell diameter, which doesn’t account for all the lugs and YESS mount. And since these cases are rigid, it won’t conform around your mount.

I‘d stick with a 10” case.

sumdrumguy

I can't speak to AAA cases. However I do know a 10" YESS mount tom does fit in an 8" Protection Racket case.

I find all the Protection Racket rack tom cases have more wiggle room than I prefer. Going down a size (10 in an 8, 12 in a 10) gives a nice snug fit. They used to have an excel spreadsheet with the internal dimensions of all their cases. I found that very accurate and reliable when ordering.

Pretty sure @Drum Mer has some experience with the AAA cases. Hopefully he'll see this thread.

Last edited:

BGDurham

I had a similar question when I ordered my Beato bags. I emailed them and attached pics of the mounting hardware and Fred Beato himself responded with the answer. I bought his recommendation and they are perfect. I recommend you call or email them directly.

Last edited:

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Don't know if this helps or not, but I use AAA bags and my Yamaha Hybrid Maples with their factory installed Yess mounts fit snugly in cases designated for the drum size. Here's a 13x9 tom in the 13x9 case with the couple extra inches Protection Racket allows for the mount.

thumbnail_IMG_4847.jpg

Last edited:

TheDrummerFromAmsterdam

Platinum Member

So it seems that my Yamaha YESS mount 10x8 would fit in a 8x8 Protection Racket AAA.

Can anyone clarify this?

If the tom didn’t have the Yess mount it would fit (and even then it would be a big if..)

But that 1” clearance isn’t enough for the Yess mount, so your 10'' won’t fit the 8'' case.

Last edited:

fobz

Can anyone clarify this?
I don't have this specific case, but I can confirm that the AAA cases are a bit roomier than the normal ones...

I-P

I've tried Ahead, SKB, and Pro Racket soft bags,........
ALL fit "mounts" that wrap around tom toms.