Promark vs Vater vs Vic Firth

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I have no clue what I would have used back in the 60's and 70's. Can anyone help. Were these brands around then???

alparrott

Platinum Member
I have no clue what I would have used back in the 60's and 70's. Can anyone help. Were these brands around then???
Promark - founded 1957
Vic Firth - founded 1963
Regal Tip - founded 1958
Vater - officially founded 1991 with small scale manufacturing back to 1956

Ludwig and Slingerland also sold sticks with kits from pretty much the beginning (and Ludwig later sold theirs as a complete line); dunno if Rogers or any of the Asian import brands sold or packaged sticks.

Promark - founded 1957
Vic Firth - founded 1963
Regal Tip - founded 1958

Ludwig and Slingerland also sold sticks with kits from pretty much the beginning (and Ludwig later sold theirs as a complete line); dunno if Rogers or any of the Asian import brands sold or packaged sticks.
Yep, Rogers did as well, probably made by Cappella in later years like Slingerland and Gretsch were. Tama and Pearl have had lines of sticks at different stages too.

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
Promark - founded 1957
Vic Firth - founded 1963
Regal Tip - founded 1958

This is true, Vater as a company hasn't been around a long time. However, like you showed they have been making sticks for a long time. They were doing a lot of stencil label stuff for a long time. I believe they also actually made sticks for Vic Firth for a while before they decided to do their own thing.

Anyway.... really old Zombie thread.