Problems accessing here when using Safari

Frosticles

Silver Member
Over the past few days my browser (Safari) seems to have blocked this forum. I can open it as usual on Chrome (using it now). Any ideas as to why?

Frosticles

Silver Member
Just comes up with this when I try to access.

Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member

Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.
I get the same thing on Chrome occasionally. Sometimes I can get to the forums, but not the sub forums, and sometimes I can get into the sub forums but not the thread. It's weird. My solution so far has been close DW, empty history and clear pages, restart phone.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
We had some reboots and re-configurations lately due to the image resize issues. If you try to reach the forums while this process is running it might lead to the 403 Forbidden. This should work again after refreshing the page or maybe waiting a couple of seconds. The server reboots in maybe 1 minute.

Safari is known to have a shitty cache handling, not updating even the server tells it to. So maybe clearing the cache once helps?

Side note: please either notify me by adding @Supergrobi somewhere in the post or contact me via private conversation. I don't monitor the whole forum so it's unlikely I stumble over this kind of reports. Thanks to @Al Strange for the notification!

Last edited:

Frosticles

Silver Member
We had some reboots and re-configurations lately due to the image resize issues. If you try to reach the forums while this process is running it might lead to the 403 Forbidden. This should work again after refreshing the page or maybe waiting a couple of seconds. The server reboots in maybe 1 minute.

Safari is known to have a shitty cache handling, not updating even the server tells it to. So maybe clearing the cache once helps?

Side note: please either notify me by adding @Supergrobi somewhere in the post or contact me via private conversation. I don't monitor the whole forum so it's unlikely I stumble over this kind of reports. Thanks to @Al Strange for the notification!
Brilliant & thank you. :) I will empty the cache & try again. Only started to happen a couple of days ago.

Frosticles

Silver Member
Hmmmmmm, Cache emptied but still nothing.

Also comes up with this????????

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 23.37.38.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 23.37.38.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
That's very odd. I tested it on mac Mini Big Sur, iPad Pro 5th gen and iPad 4th and 6th gen using various variants of the URL - no problems. I also checked the servers redirection configuration - no issues as well. What you see there is the default web site the web server delivers after a fresh installation before a new default website is set.

Maybe try manually re-typing the entire url: https://www.drummerworld.com/index.html and see what happens.

Last edited:

Frosticles

Silver Member
That's very odd. I tested it on mac Mini Big Sur, iPad Pro 5th gen and iPad 4th and 6th gen using various variants of the URL - no problems. I also checked the servers redirection configuration - no issues as well. What you see there is the default web site the web server delivers after a fresh installation before a new default website is set.

Maybe try manually re-typing the entire url: https://www.drummerworld.com/index.html and see what happens.
Just quit everything (OS is up to date, just checked) Completely shut down my Mac & left it overnight. Switched on this morning & it works again :) Lots of head-scratching as to why it wouldn't before.
Many thanks for your help with this. Hugely appreciated :) Let's hope it now behaves itself.

Kind regards, Kevin.