Prima Ballerina by NotTheNorth Band

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I liked the overall vibe, & your playing choices. Even straying into Santana territory for the guitar solo :) I did find the stereo treatment of the recording a bit strange. Percussion panned hard right sort of disconnected things a bit for me.

Great job!!

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
It's a very dry and natural sounding drum sound so it's really weird to have it only in one ear. I think you should fix that.

WaitForItDrummer

Thanks guys for listening and comments!
Good point about drums only on the right is a bit strange!
Our guitarist did the mixing and production and this aspect didn't stand out for me until you mentioned it. Thanks! :)

Magenta

Platinum Member
That was a really nice groove, Kate. Perhaps a bit busy at times for my liking, but then again that is probably due to sheer envy that you can play Latiny stuff like that ;)

Liked the guitar solo too - very polished, I thought.

You sound very comfortable together as a band. You have every reason to be pleased with what you're doing!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys for listening and comments!
Good point about drums only on the right is a bit strange!
Our guitarist did the mixing and production and this aspect didn't stand out for me until you mentioned it. Thanks! :)
It wasn't my intention for you to concentrate on a mix issue. It's a small point in an otherwise great piece of music making, & I love your choices in this song. It is, however, something that needs fixing for future productions. Creating a stereo "landscape" is an art in itself.