Pricing/Identification advice

Bernstean

Hey guys, for a few years i had 2 cymbals in my room, which i want to sell. Unfortunatly i dont really know anything about Cymbals.
One is a Zildjian Medium Thin Crash 18" and one is a Zildjian Avedis Trixon 22". Both of them seem ab bit old and have definitly been used. I was told they could be worth quite a bit. I would apreciate some of your thought on that!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
The Trixon pie has a massive keyhole. That will for sure take away from any extra value it might have had.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Perfect. You can check Reverb and eBay for sold listings to get an idea of current market value.

The Medium Thin you could possibly get up to $150 for, but I’m my area it would be more like $120.

The 22” is worth a little more, but the keyhole on the hole does not help. The Trixon stamp makes it interesting. I know in the 50s and possibly 60s Trixon contracted with Zildjian to sell Avedis cymbals with their kits. The logo is also not original.

zenstat

Perfect. You can check Reverb and eBay for sold listings to get an idea of current market value.

The Medium Thin you could possibly get up to $150 for, but I’m my area it would be more like $120.

The 22” is worth a little more, but the keyhole on the hole does not help. The Trixon stamp makes it interesting. I know in the 50s and possibly 60s Trixon contracted with Zildjian to sell Avedis cymbals with their kits. The logo is also not original.

Yes the ink saying Zildjian on the Trixon Avedis is not original for a few reasons. One is that it isn't in the correct location, two is that solid ink like that saying Zildjian did not come into use until late 1982. Your MEDIUM THIN CRASH is from after 1982. We can tell because there is ink giving the diameter info is under the model ink.

Here is the place where you can also find prices, especially for older cymbals which are less commonly sold. Reverb and ebay sold listings (and the nice Reverb summaries) can be problematic because they are machine generated and take the seller's word for things like age and condition.

That Trixon Avedis is not a 60s cymbal. It is from the mid 1950s. That trademark stamp is often confused with a 60s stamp because not enough people know how to tell the difference. Here is a brief overview of the Trixon stamp info

and how to tell that is not a 60s stamp:

Hope this helps.

Last edited: