Prices are nuts these days

wraub

Gold Member
I have had a bass, a guitar, and a snare drum listed locally for a couple of months. The snare drum finally sold a couple weeks ago. I don't think the prices are high, certainly comparable to similar items. Yet, no interest.

I'm also not in a hurry to sell, if I were to replace anything it'd cost a lot more now.

someguy01

Platinum Member
The Bullwhip Effect looks to be occurring this month. Inventories are climbing and shipping container rates are falling. That primo kit you've always wanted may drop in price before Christmas!

View attachment 125117View attachment 125118
The big money that runs the place I work have a new equipment package they're planning to acquire. According to them, they forecast that by June/July manufacturers are going to be holding massive amounts of stock from a return to production norms and buyers backing out of orders due to prices and wait times. They say you'll see a very nice correction in this insanity.
They're all worth billions for a reason, I believe what they're saying.

TJK

The big money that runs the place I work have a new equipment package they're planning to acquire. According to them, they forecast that by June/July manufacturers are going to be holding massive amounts of stock from a return to production norms and buyers backing out of orders due to prices and wait times. They say you'll see a very nice correction in this insanity.
They're all worth billions for a reason, I believe what they're saying.
I hope so

cbphoto

Diamond Member
The bullwhip effect occurs when a drop in customer demand causes retailers to under stock. In turn, wholesalers respond to a lack of retail orders by understocking themselves. That then causes manufacturers to slow production. Eventually the reverse occurs. As customer demand comes back, retailers quickly order more goods, often too much, and wholesalers and factories are caught short. Shortages occur, prices increase. Eventually production ramps up at levels that are far beyond equilibrium levels and this cascades down the chain. These violent swings in availability of goods then continue back and forth until an equilibrium is eventually established.

Think: widespread inventory liquidations. We are about to see the mother of all liquidations as retailers scramble to unload inventory in a time off rampant demand destruction.

Think: Tama Star. 😀