Present for my little cousin?

805Drummer

Gold Member
My cousin is 7 years old, and has been playing the drums for about 2 years. He's relatively serious about it, as much as you can be for a seven year old.

I'm not sure if that matters, but I need to pick out a gift for him for Chanukah, and it has to be $20 or less. MAYBE $25, but no more.

But the the problem is, it has to be something FUN. My mom says a new snare head wouldn't be a fun gift, even though it would make his junior kit sound wayyy better.

And I can't really get him a cymbal, because even the cheapest splashes cost $20, and then I can't get a stand.

Any ideas?

Practice pad?
Cheap drum DVD?
brushes?
I guess it doesn't HAVE to be drum related does it....?

Practice pad?
Cheap drum DVD?
brushes?
I guess it doesn't HAVE to be drum related does it....?

Well, he doesn't have a long enough attention span to watch a drum DVD, and I'm not sure about the brushes...aren't they for jazz? He's still playing simple beats and simple fills...

But it does have to be drum related.

Oh, and he already has a nice Remo practice pad.

Buy him his first or next lesson.

Haha, his parents are buying him lessons, I want to get him something that he can start playing on as soon as he gets it, even if it's a super-crappy cowbell or cymbal or something. But all of them at GC and MF are $30, and the stands add even more money.

Buy him his first or next lesson.

Good Idea. Is he taking lessons? If not he should be.

You can never go wrong with a Puddy Pad from Remo. They are a squeezable, moldable, portable practice pad that has a good amount of rebound. Adults love them - so kids should get a kick out of them too. They are relatively inexpensive and should be easy to find at music stores.

REM-PUTTY.jpg

Good Idea. Is he taking lessons? If not he should be.

You can never go wrong with a Puddy Pad from Remo. They are a squeezable, moldable, portable practice pad that has a good amount of rebound. Adults love them - so kids should get a kick out of them too. They are relatively inexpensive and should be easy to find at music stores.

REM-PUTTY.jpg

WOAH!!!

That's awesome!!

I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE!

WOAH!!!

That's awesome!!

I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE!

Ooh, I have one of those. They are pretty cool, great feel to them.

I'll consider it, but any other ideas?

I really wanted to get him a cymbal or cowbell, no matter how cheap they are. But they'd have to include a mount/stand.

some moon gel and some funky sticks

hot sticks artisticks perhaps

just an off topic thought how much do you recon shippiong across the pond would be?

just an off topic thought how much do you recon shippiong across the pond would be?

I shipped a 10" tom with a mount to a cymbal stand over to Scottland from the US for $38-$39 flat. Just has to be under 20 lbs. and the USPS supplied a box for me.

Just a random suggestion, why not buy a cowbell or splash( a realllly cheap one like, $20) and make a clamp for it to attatch to another part of his kit, ive made a few clamps myself, they are relativily easy and simple to make)

Back