Premier popular snare

RickP

Gold Member
Depends on what Country you are selling it in .
for example of trying to sell in the USA where Premier was never a hugely popular brand you may only expect $100 to $300 depending on condition and the purchaser .

in the UK you may be looking at $200 to $400 depending on condition .

mikyok

Platinum Member
Depends on what Country you are selling it in .
for example of trying to sell in the USA where Premier was never a hugely popular brand you may only expect $100 to $300 depending on condition and the purchaser .

in the UK you may be looking at $200 to $400 depending on condition .
Premier doesn't fetch anything in the UK anymore, there's thousands of old Premiers on the used market so they sell cheap. Bit like Ludwig in the states.

You can get genistas for £500

johnwesley

Silver Member
I too thought you meant poplar as in the type of wood. Nice looking old drum but as for value, it's one of those collectibles that appeals to the drummer who buys collectible old drums to showcase rather than play. OR, maybe someone who wants a really vintage single tension sound to accommodate that genre of music. So the value is what the collector is willing to pay. Maybe a hundred dollars, maybe a thousand dollars. Here's a couple examples of what I mean. There of course are others I could share that aren't as drastic, but you get the idea.

P

Peedy

Premier popular wooden snare drum is it 1930 and what is it worth

It would seem that yours is a 1927 model as that's the only catalogue its called a "Popular" model in that configuration. They listed it until the 1937 catalogue though they changed the name along the way.

Pete

Premier1927.jpg