Premier Cabria Opinions

jamrod

Hi all , looking at buying a secondhand Premier Cabria kit, can i get some feedback on the quality etc I have attached the badge for identification purposes, thanks for any replies, cheers James

Attachments

Woolwich

Silver Member
It's the same badge as the kit I bought new in 2005.
At the time I was stunned at the quality and hardway of it compared to the last kit I'd had in 1988 which was also a low range Premier
I traded it for a maple Sonor 3005 which was a better kit all round.
Imo the Cabria is a very decent kit as long as your paying circa £200 for it.

Mike Stand

Silver Member
My recollection of Cabrias is that the quality of the shells decreased with every subsequent "update" to the series.

When the Cabrias were launched the shells were really good and the series was very competitive compared to equivalents by Pearl, Yamaha, etc.

I think Premier were really trying to make a statement at the time, a kind of "we're back and ready".

By the time I bought one, not too long after the initial release, the shells had already changed considerably, not for the better.

I can't really speak about the editions that came after that but it's important to remember that this period was the beginning of the final decline of Premier.

Goes to show how important consistency is. Maybe later Cabrias weren't half bad but I wouldn't trust them.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
My recollection of Cabrias is that the quality of the shells decreased with every subsequent "update" to the series.
Yeah. Not even the same kit, at all.

As withmost kits at that price the sdnare isn't anything to write home about, but the rest of the shells were pretty decent.