Premier APK

Nealio1987

hi all

ive just found a premier apk from the 80@s for a very cheap price , and good condition .

can anyone reccomend these kits or give any useful info or feedback on them ?

it would be used as my gigging kit.

nealio

steverok

Silver Member
I have a set of Premier Royale APK's that I bought in 1986. What sizes are the ones you are looking at ? Mine are 22x16 kick with 12, 13, and 16" toms. The shells have black interiors, and the lugs do not go the full length of the drums. I use Remo Pinstripe heads on the toms, and an Aquarian Super Kick I on the kick batter. They have a big booming sound, very powerful. Maybe not the most hi-fi super high-end sound in the world, but they are very sturdy, and I think quite up to the task of being a gigging kit.

Nealio1987

they are the same sizes im picking them up for £175 with cheap crappy cymbals and hardware , i will not be using the hardware as it looks like it isnt up too much , I want a deep sound .... they look cool too ! the lugs go the whole length of the drum on this one.

steverok

Silver Member
They definitely have a deep sound with the Pinstripes. The 13" tom is one of the smoothest and deepest sounding drums I have ever heard. The 12" chokes off a bit on the mount, and I have been looking at ways to suspend them for an even bigger sound.

Here's a demo I made of them last year :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9cfAHTEMyU