Preferred retailer?

I've noted this new company SoundPure. Has anyone tried it-thinking of ordering a Renown bop kit from them?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.04.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.04.20 AM.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 1
I was mean to a Sweetwater person who was doing a follow up call to me to see if I was happy.

If there was a problem I would have contacted you I told them. Then I went on to say: You mean everytime I buy something here I have to endure a phone call asking me if everything was OK? I was told by the rep that most people appreciate that. Not me. It's a bother.

They didn't deserve that they just caught me at a bad time. I have an 800 number for my business and I get wrong numbers all the time, and I lose patience with people who are deliberately keeping me from what I'm trying to get done. I don't do that to my customers, meaning calling them and asking if they are happy, it's asking for trouble.. I can guarantee that they will tell me if they aren't happy. If I don't hear from them, I assume everyone is happy. If I give someone my business, I don't want to hear from them. I'm the boss, not them. They don't get to call me.

Sweetwater is great, I just feel like ranting lol

I was mean to a Sweetwater person who was doing a follow up call to me to see if I was happy.

If there was a problem I would have contacted you I told them. Then I went on to say: You mean everytime I buy something here I have to endure a phone call asking me if everything was OK? I was told by the rep that most people appreciate that. Not me. It's a bother.

They didn't deserve that they just caught me at a bad time. I have an 800 number for my business and I get wrong numbers all the time, and I lose patience with people who are deliberately keeping me from what I'm trying to get done. I don't do that to my customers, meaning calling them and asking if they are happy, it's asking for trouble.. I can guarantee that they will tell me if they aren't happy. If I don't hear from them, I assume everyone is happy. If I give someone my business, I don't want to hear from them. I'm the boss, not them. They don't get to call me.

My wife received a follow up from them after getting my Trick driveshaft. She got a call from them about a month ago to see if we needed anything else. Needless to say she was annoyed. She get solicitous calls every day. This was just viewed as one more.

I'm with you Uncle Larry, if you dont hear from me I am happy. If there is a problem, I will call.

Most of my drum gear is ordered through or while visiting Drumcenter Portsmouth NH
Sam I Am Studios for Sonor gear, he's based in California.
Some other items in the past from Memphis Drum Shop and Sweetwater

Last edited:
Since Scott's Drum Center closed in Lafayette, Louisiana, I have shopped at C&M Music in Lafayette and Sweetwater online. Peace and goodwill.
Check this place out sometime, I've bought a few things from them through Reverb.
Dave’s Music & Thrift
  • New Orleans, LA, United States

I felt bad, the person was just doing their job, but when I get a call and I am in a hot attic breathing hot dusty bad attic air, I don't want to sit through a nicey nicey follow up call. If they called me just to ask if I needed anything I would have gone off on them even if I was relaxing at home. How dare they. I really dislike sales calls. If I need something I seek it out. I don't need someone asking if I need stuff. The people that do that don't respect my time so I don't respect them at all.

I don't mind Sweetwater's follow-up calls. As a rule, I don't answer my phone unless I recognize the caller, so at worst, I get voicemails I can easily delete. On the other hand, I have responded to my Sweetwater sales agent on occasion and have found such discourses invaluable. I now have a solid rapport with him, and I buy from Sweetwater regularly, so when I need something quickly, he always does his best to accommodate me. Sales calls are a two-way street. The buyer can benefit from them just as much as the seller, so long as the buyer acknowledges the power he possesses and wields it wisely.

I have to give Sweetwater credit. I ordered a bass drum beater from them not even 36 hours ago, and it just arrived at my door.

I live in Toronto.

Hi @larryace, just thought I’d reply to your post to ensure that this thread is to your liking. If it isn’t, and there’s something I can do to help, please click “like” and reply to this post with full details. Enjoy the rest of your day. @Al Strange
Pretty fn funny man, good one.

Unfortunately you wasted some of my time, so I have to lose all respect for you sorry

JK! You rock!

How's your stalker issue?

My Sweetwater rep calls me after every purchase and prolly dreads it. I quiz him endlessly about church biz (he heads up the worship sound systems installations), his á capella group, his kids, what’s on today’s lunch menu at his work (they have an excellent cafeteria with catered meals), how today’s coffee tastes (they have an excellent coffee bar). I want the full download.

On our last convo he told me that biz was way down at the beginning of our worldwide quarantine, but after Gearfest (online only ?) biz was the best he’d ever experienced in his twenty years of working there. Lotsa peeps getting into audio recording at home.

I told him to ignore @larryace. He’s just a crank in the hills. ?

Starving Musician Sunnyvale.
GC down the street is OK
You get to see the latest and greatest as they are a drum destination store.
Casio used to be my fave online,but things change.

I've had good luck with a few retailers. I'm always pleased with Steve Weiss Music. They ship very fast. I find their website the best for ordering drum heads.

In Baltimore my go to was Bill's Music in Catonsville and in DC Chuck Levin's Washington Music Exchange. Both great places with great staff ( caveat being, last time I was at either was 2008)
I used to live in Catonsville and went to Bills many times.

I mostly do online here they are:
AMS and Musicians friend - been getting stuff from them since late 90’s
Bentleys in Fresno - boutique and my wife and daughter are from there
Music go round online - good source of used gear (has anyone noticed the Wisconsin am Minnesota locations getting killer gear? Like seriously factory type drum gear and duplicates not just single one offs!)
The local GC - I get great deals

Locally, Ritchie’s Music Center in New Jersey. Online - Amazon. But I don’t buy anything big, like drums or cymbals, online. I test those out in person.

Canadians are Americans too. America is the whole continent. I have no idea why we feel entitled to represent the whole thing.
Canadians are North Americans. You can't drop the 'North' part without creating confusion or ruffling a few feathers ?

Speaking of North America: Dave's Drum Shop is my favourite bricks and mortar shop.

Back