Preferred retailer?

Yeah, now you're just making me angry... and I'm not even American!
Sorry, I'll stop.

Canadians are Americans too. America is the whole continent. I have no idea why we feel entitled to represent the whole thing.

Meaning all the money and development that is buried in little ol' Arkansas? Crystal Bridges is beautiful. The surrounding areas are as well. We just dont tell anyone.

Meaning that it was full of rich men with these incredibly looking model women that were in attire like below.

Each section of the museum was broken up into rooms and we weren't allowed into some of them and had to enter and exit through these very specific entrances and there was some bizarre stuff happening in this elevator we ended up with on accident that likely isn't something I'm allowed to type on this forum.

We left immediately after we performed because we had a long drive back and it was snowing - but I do think we missed out on what could have been a even more supremely interesting evening.

Attachments

• eyes-wide-shut_20475657_20200726182009.jpg
    eyes-wide-shut_20475657_20200726182009.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 5
Meaning that it was full of rich men with these incredibly looking model women that were in attire like below.

Each section of the museum was broken up into rooms and we weren't allowed into some of them and had to enter and exit through these very specific entrances and there was some bizarre stuff happening in this elevator we ended up with on accident that likely isn't something I'm allowed to type on this forum.

We left immediately after we performed because we had a long drive back and it was snowing - but I do think we missed out on what could have been a even more supremely interesting evening.
Oh like the literal sense, I see.

That costume party rich folks stuff is pretty common around here. Walmart owns most of the cool artsy stuff in this area, so NYE parties with $1000 a plate buy ins are normal.

There is a secret* bunker under the museum. Did you "accidentally" end up there?

*My buddy ran all the fiber optic cable for the museum. He had to sign non disclosure(?) waivers and stuff. All he could tell me is there is a giant bunker under the museum built into the bedrock with like 2' thick concrete walls.

Oh like the literal sense, I see.

That costume party rich folks stuff is pretty common around here. Walmart owns most of the cool artsy stuff in this area, so NYE parties with $1000 a plate buy ins are normal.

There is a secret* bunker under the museum. Did you "accidentally" end up there?

*My buddy ran all the fiber optic cable for the museum. He had to sign non disclosure(?) waivers and stuff. All he could tell me is there is a giant bunker under the museum built into the bedrock with like 2' thick concrete walls.

It's possible - we had to take some crazy elevator (The same one referenced above) to get in and out and earlier in the day we did clinic / show for some kiddos so we got to see the museum and it wasn't familiar.

Man - I wish we should have stayed.

In regards to Bain Capital: I have credit with both MF and Sweetwater, but I only buy when they run the zero interest specials so I can get one over on the bank. They make no money without the interest. *Gives Romney the finger whilst laughing maniacally*

I've gotten similar levels of service and pricing from all of them. Historically I've liked Sam Ash simply because they are not too far away. Back in the day my favorite place for instruments was Manny's Music in NYC. Sadly they were swallowed up by Sam Ash. Now I only shop price. I recently was looking for new heads for my entire kit and the best online pricing was from Sweetwater. But I didn't want to wait so I went to Sam Ash and they had what I needed in stock and were willing to price match. So I walked out with everything I needed to satisfy my desire for instant gratification.

Don't sleep on Amazon, I've gotten heads from there for significantly less than what music retailers charge. I am bargain billy, I don't like paying top dollar for anything.

I always check Amazon because I'm a Prime member and love free shipping. I couldn't find anyone selling all the heads I needed. I didn't want to buy them piecemeal from different sellers. Sweetwater isn't very often the cheapest option but for some reason this time around they were. But with Sam Ash price matching, having them in stock, that ruled the day.

I like to support Memphis Drum Shop. I get consumables and pretty much anything that would cost me under $100 from there.

Unfortunately, I can’t justify buying a new cymbal from them, even if the selection is out of this world. There’s too many options I’d like to try from independent cymbal smiths along with the big manufacturers if I saved $400-$500.

Sweetwater for me. The only "brick and mortar" store near me that carries drums anymore is guitar center. Their staff is not knowledgeable about what they are selling, and their customer service is akin to that of used car salesmen.

Sweetwater on the other hand wants you to be happy. My assigned sales engineer has been knowledgeable about anything I have wanted to purchase, and we usually chat about gear past the initial customer service bit. In fact, last order he was jealous of their exclusive Renowns I ordered, and went off about how he loves his catalinas but wants a renown.

Aaron loves his job and gear so much that its pleasant talking to him over some guy trying to hype up a sound percussion kit as "pro level".

Since the local drum shop closed, I’ve shopped:
Sweetwater​
Drum Center Portsmouth​
Memphis Drum Shop​
Cymbal Fusion​
Dale’s Drum Shop​

All with good service and good packing of gear.

Pro tip: if you want to buy a Paiste cymbal, call for best price. Paiste has a MAP (minimum advertised price) requirement for all their dealers.

Sweetwater beyond compare. Excellent selection and first-rate service. When I decided to custom-order my current shell pack from Pearl, a Sweetwater agent handled the entire process for me. His attention to detail was celebratory. All my previous and recent transactions with Sweetwater have gone smoothly as well. I've no incentive to shop elsewhere.

You can hate on me if you want but the best drum shop on earth (not kidding) is Professional Drum Shop in Hollywood (Los Angeles). Go in and your mouth drops. Incredible people. Pro drummers work there, repairs are best anywhere etc etc. When I walk in one thing just screams in my head, “we’re not worthy, we’re not worthy”.

If you’re wondering where the top session drummers in the world go, that’s it.

Pete

You can hate on me if you want but the best drum shop on earth (not kidding) is Professional Drum Shop in Hollywood (Los Angeles). Go in and your mouth drops. Incredible people. Pro drummers work there, repairs are best anywhere etc etc. When I walk in one thing just screams in my head, “we’re not worthy, we’re not worthy”.

If you’re wondering where the top session drummers in the world go, that’s it.

Pete

That's what Manny's Music was back in the day but it was for the entire music industry, not just drummers. Clearly I've just dated myself.

That's what Manny's Music was back in the day but it was for the entire music industry, not just drummers. Clearly I've just dated myself.

But seriously folks (ahem) Manny’s began their downward slide once session work started its exodus to L. A. in the 1960s. By the 1980s it was just a matter of time. Sadly, all things must pass (thank you George Harrison).

Pete

Since Scott's Drum Center closed in Lafayette, Louisiana, I have shopped at C&M Music in Lafayette and Sweetwater online. Peace and goodwill.

Back