Post your pre Covid gig shots

Andy

Honorary Member
I've been looking through some gig footage from just before everything disappeared, & it put a smile on my face, so I thought why not start a picture thread as a forum cheer up :)

Here's a few from my last significant gig just before lockdown. They're actually screen shot stills from a video camera 200ft from the stage, so not the best quality, but still came out ok I think. Last one is on a fade transition that I think gives a cool effect.

Anyhow, throw some pictures up to remind us all of good times.

Castle Rock 3 2000.jpgMe Castle Rock 2.jpgCastel Roc stage ending 2000.jpgCastle Rock fade 2000.jpg

This was my setups on the last two gigs before lockdown.

Full kit was boxing day at centreparcs, and the tabletop was the last one before lockdown in Jan/Feb at my mates pub.

The boredom is beginning to bite.....got my 2nd injection in March so we'll see where we go from there! Keep your chins up folks!FB_IMG_1611450849009.jpgFB_IMG_1611451094660.jpg

Sadly these date back to well before the lockdown, but I've always liked these two pics. The first one is at the House of Blues LA about two months before it closed down, while the 2nd one was right after sound check at some club in Corona, CA. You can see my new Fiberskyn bass drum reso in the 2nd pic.

FFT HOB SD-sm.png

IMG_6618.jpg

Already some wonderful shots that help me pretend there's stuff going on out there - gives me hope!

This was my setups on the last two gigs before lockdown.

Full kit was boxing day at centreparcs, and the tabletop was the last one before lockdown in Jan/Feb at my mates pub.

The boredom is beginning to bite.....got my 2nd injection in March so we'll see where we go from there! Keep your chins up folks!
Loving the full kit setup picture!

Got your 1st vaccine shot too = superb news :)

Sadly these date back to well before the lockdown, but I've always liked these two pics. The first one is at the House of Blues LA about two months before it closed down, while the 2nd one was right after sound check at some club in Corona, CA. You can see my new Fiberskyn bass drum reso in the 2nd pic.
Great shots

Someone posted this stylized photo of one of my bands in action a few weeks before the pandemic started. Cool effect I think...
Very cool effect - would look great framed up!

I thought this one looked kinda cool. Taken Oct. 26, 2019.
Wow, very cool. Love the projection.

Five months before the lockdown.

It seems like it was so long ago ?
Looks like fabulous energy in that room :)

What a great idea for morale Andy!

I don't have any pics!

Unknown.jpegI don't have any Pre-COVID shots but I do have some Post-shots that'd I like to share with all you sharing your photos-thanks for the reminder of life past.

So for all of the people recording us while we play and taking pics....I dont have any and always wonder where the videos end up! I sneak a few during gigs but always from behind the kit.
Here is a gig we did earlier this month, notice the plexiglass around the stage. the opening my guitar player is standing in has a piece on wheels20210102_164914.jpg that we close when we start. the bar looks like a sea of plexiglass with dividers everywhere. This was during sound check before it was open for dinner, they have 2 scheduled seatings and it fills up to whatever the allowable capacity is...people are starving for entertainment!!

Loving the full kit setup picture

Cheers bud, not a patch on any of your own craftsmanship. The table top is far more fun ?. Plus if that kit comes out I'm near home and can get a taxi to and from the gig and have a drink.

I work in the NHS and my hospital is one of the big vaccine centres. Your arm is a bit sore for a day afterwards, just like a flu jab. 2nd jab in March and then we have some leverage for normality to come back.

Back