Post Your Most Cancelable Drum Opinions

bearblastbeats

I'm the handsomest drummer on this forum.

I'm the sexiest drummer on this forum.

I'm the best drummer on this forum.

I'm the most knowledgeable drummer on this forum.

Everyone pales in comparison to me.

Women chase me far more than anyone else on this forum.

Women love Aussie drummers more than American drummers.
@Bo Eder has entered the chat

BobC

I’m a Peart Fan, and I completely agree with You. And later on, His ‘lessons’ with snake oil salesman Freddy Gruber ruined his playing for years.

When I watched Peart's segment in that Buddy Rich tribute video, I was shocked at how bad he was. I can imagine the guys in Buddy's band snickering under their breath. When you've been hammering eighth note rock beats for decades, reverting to a swing feel is impossible for some drummers. I feel fortunate that I was exposed to swing and big band music right as I started learning drums, and that was what I learned to do first.

baz

Silver Member
I rarely feel like l am a drummer but l always feel like l am a musician.

BobC

Here's one:

18" bass drums are good-for-nothing toys.

Here's another:

Jazz drummers who "drop bombs" and don't play a steady pulse on the bass drum are doing it wrong.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
When I watched Peart's segment in that Buddy Rich tribute video, I was shocked at how bad he was. I can imagine the guys in Buddy's band snickering under their breath. When you've been hammering eighth note rock beats for decades, reverting to a swing feel is impossible for some drummers. I feel fortunate that I was exposed to swing and big band music right as I started learning drums, and that was what I learned to do first.
It’s amazing the amount of positive spin that was unleashed for Neil though. And he probably over-compensated as well by producing those “Burning for Buddy” albums.

Iristone

I dampen my snare drums every now and then

I own no cymbals over 20"

I like to program drum machines and synthesised drums for my music

Phil Collins definitely swings a big band

PS - I prefer the sound of a ported kick (and I prefer this name) drum

I play my toms with bottom heads off from time to time

I'm a big fan of the Speed King ergonomics

Wuhan makes the best China cymbal EVER (my Chang gets close)

I prefer Jinbao itself to the gazillion brands exploiting it as an OEM factory (but I don't feel so for Dixon)

Last edited:

River19

All you need to swing a big band is the dotted whole note.......if you can't swing the dotted whole note, you can't swing and no one will call you....

The Stage Custom is really the 1980's Recording Custom with a new badge and lugs.......Yamaha wanted to "give back" to the drumming community by making "the best sounding shells" affordable to all at $1000. True story and you cannot argue with that as facts are facts.

At 46 years old now, I don't have the patience or the crayons to argue on the internet. My generation invented arguing with complete strangers from behind a keyboard........you all ain't doing nothing that hasn't been done before....... just like the 1-5-6-4 chord progression....

roncadillac

All you need to swing a big band is the dotted whole note.......if you can't swing the dotted whole note, you can't swing and no one will call you....

The Stage Custom is really the 1980's Recording Custom with a new badge and lugs.......Yamaha wanted to "give back" to the drumming community by making "the best sounding shells" affordable to all at $1000. True story and you cannot argue with that as facts are facts.
Maybe but new badge and lugs are basically like saying, "she used to not be fat, I swear!"

BobC

It’s amazing the amount of positive spin that was unleashed for Neil though. And he probably over-compensated as well by producing those “Burning for Buddy” albums.

I'm not surprised. Peart had a lot of uberfans, including a good friend of mine who idolized him. He saw Rush something like 64 times, met Geddy and Alex, but never Neil, who refused to schmooze with fans. My friend was so upset when Peart died, I believe he had to take off from work.