Post your mad overdubs

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
I'm sure some of you have done this before ...

I forgot to turn off the recorder during the break and accidentally recorded about 10 minutes of guitar noodling. We got back after the break somewhat ... refreshed and, since our singer was sick, we had a jam which turned into another noodle fest.

Out of curiosity I decided to put the two tracks together and see what came out. A few pleasant surprises ... somehow the dub made our guitarist sound like a cross between James Blood Ulmer, Pat Metheney and a rank beginner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BopIkNdR4yo

If you have your own flukey overdubs, post away!

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Hi Pol, It got interesting at the 2 min area.
Too bad that it ended shortly after.

Here is one of my Noodle Sessions.
I had just killed another singer and we were jamming while we decided what to do with his body ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Hi Pol, It got interesting at the 2 min area.
Spoken like a true Metheny fan, Bob :)

Your Tunisia jam is amazing! (but is it a mad overdub? :)

An alternative take on it would be a shortened version as the intro, then once the theme's been played once you creep in with the rhythm ...

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
We weren't planning on playing or recording that tune.
Someone just started noodling and the recorder happened to be on.
I trimmed some of the beginning off of the track.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
We weren't planning on playing or recording that tune.
Someone just started noodling and the recorder happened to be on.
I trimmed some of the beginning off of the track.
Well, it worked out great. Yeah, you always have to trim things. The jam I posted was 18 minutes long!

I can't imagine I'm the only one here who tries overlaying disparate tracks to see what serendipitous results came out ...

First time I tried it was when I was recording a tune by our guitarist and the solos were good but not quite there so I overlaid the two tracks so I overlaid the two tracks (link to MP3) and we were shocked by how well they hung together through the vast majority of the tune.