Post Your Greatest Weakness ?

How many of you drummers play double bass ?

• Total voters
Drummers ~ "Post Your Greatest Weakness" and let the world of "drummers" help you fix it ... We have all been there no matter our experience or maybe not even there yet & still trying to fix it ... this is a great way to communicate & meet drummers around the World from differant cultures & levels of talent to help you improve and overcome "any" drumming problems you may have ... I'm 64 and still trying to fix it !

View attachment 130697
Good Luck & have a "Great" day !
Lee

Since 2013 "Drum School" donates time teaching and supplying drums to the "Inner City Rhythm" Drummers program by handing out a "Free" pair of drumsticks & instructional dvd to have tools needed to immediately participate in all lessons and events at "no cost" to student

Drum School Products
www.drumschool.usa.org

Inner City Rhythm Drummers
www.icr-drummers.org

NRG Transformers Club
www.nrg-transformers-club.com

hmmm chocolate ice cream

Left-hand hesitancy

Ha, stick spins.
I guess you could consider that one of my weakness's. Even though I'm really good at them.
Its become such a bad habit, whenever I have a stick in my hand and I'm not playing. I just have to spin it.
Right hand, left hand, or both at the same time. =P
Stick spinning can be obnoxious. Employ judiciously.

One Hundred Percent GIF by NeighborlyNotary®
I have many right handed students beginning I have to get them out of habit starting rolls leading with left ... its weird they must be ambidextrous...right ?

Hi Rach not sure how long you been playing but "girls" are killing it on drums ... heres a few female girls to follow & subscribe to
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=female+drummer
Thanks Lee!!

They are, what a great list! I love Karen C, Anika N, Sarah Thawer. I hate how it's separated to 'female drummers' though, still adds to the stigma IMO.
I've been playing seriously for about 15 years, I work as a professional gigging drummer, and it's still hard! I am very over hearing "wow you're great for a chick drummer!"... sometimes I feel like dressing up as a guy so I'd get treated the same as my band mates😅

Thanks Lee!!

They are, what a great list! I love Karen C, Anika N, Sarah Thawer. I hate how it's separated to 'female drummers' though, still adds to the stigma IMO.
I've been playing seriously for about 15 years, I work as a professional gigging drummer, and it's still hard! I am very over hearing "wow you're great for a chick drummer!"... sometimes I feel like dressing up as a guy so I'd get treated the same as my band mates😅
110% right & woman have earned that respect ... im 64 and in the 50's to 90's drums were something like 90% male instrument 7% female & only God knows what species that 3% is ... probly me ...lolol

Thanks Lee!!

here are some of my favorite girl drummers, I teach refugees from Syria Afghanistan & The Congo etc...they all love it ... send me your clips or band
www.leemangano.wixsite.com/emc-icr-drummers

Back