Post your Gig Pics

I had one o the most terrifying gigs in my life last Friday!!

got to school that morning and found out that 5 of my 9 front ensemble kids were out with COVID issues, including my drum set player. So,, the "show must go on", and I ended up having to play with them at halftime.

granted, I wrote all of the music, and those are all of my students, but that meant playing in front off, and with some of my harshest critics!!! It was a freaking blast in the end, and I a mso jealous that I didn't get to do this back in the 80's

I also have new found respect for my drum set kid too

I had one o the most terrifying gigs in my life last Friday!!

got to school that morning and found out that 5 of my 9 front ensemble kids were out with COVID issues, including my drum set player. So,, the "show must go on", and I ended up having to play with them at halftime.

granted, I wrote all of the music, and those are all of my students, but that meant playing in front off, and with some of my harshest critics!!! It was a freaking blast in the end, and I a mso jealous that I didn't get to do this back in the 80's

I also have new found respect for my drum set kid too
Nice job! There is a local high school jazz band in my area who's teacher plays kit to conduct the band instead of standing at the front with the stick thing. They are very talented, a few months ago they played an annual jazz festival and pulled out the Cowboy Beebop theme, it was great.

Ahhh I love this. I wish my director had busted out his Sax more often. It's easy sometimes to feel that divide between teach and student in a way that's more of a void than necessary... Definitely a few times, especially late Marching Band season when him jamming with us woulda been an awesome bonding experience

Nice job! There is a local high school jazz band in my area who's teacher plays kit to conduct the band instead of standing at the front with the stick thing. They are very talented, a few months ago they played an annual jazz festival and pulled out the Cowboy Beebop theme, it was great.

I would do this, but I am usually turning way 4-5 drummers in auditions every year for ours...and I take 3!! I do end up playing bass with the jazz band a lot though b/c it is harder to find bass players in high school any more..

Took some DW drums and Roland electronics out to the job today. 🤩 Rounding out the rig are some 602s and the 5” N&C SS maple drum. Finally caught a nice day in Bakersfield. After weeks of 105+ degree temps, today was in the low-90’s. 🙏🏻

FC8A062C-1268-4BC9-B4DD-53003EB302D8.jpeg

2C13CB96-D2E3-4744-893E-AA71CD494A4C.jpeg

Took some DW drums and Roland electronics out to the job today. 🤩 Rounding out the rig are some 602s and the 5” N&C SS maple drum. Finally caught a nice day in Bakersfield. After weeks of 105+ degree temps, today was in the low-90’s. 🙏🏻

View attachment 124255

View attachment 124256
How do you like that DW7000 pedal? I'm going to be picking one up probably today. All of my research shows it's basically the exact same pedal as the dw5000 when set up with the turbo cam instead of the accelerator cam and is currently being sold for around $130 instead of the 5000 currently being sold for around $300.

Last edited:
How do you like that DW7000 pedal? I'm going to be picking one up probably today. All of my research shows it's basically the exact same pedal as the dw5000 when set up with the turbo cam instead of the accelerator can and is curry being sold for around $130 instead of the 5000 currently being sold for around $260.

The 7000 feels great. I like my 5000 slightly better because of the cam difference and also because they finally took the ridiculous velcro off the bottom and replaced it with rubber. Grips but doesn’t stick. Other than that, they’re essentially the same.

Back deck at the local lodge on a hot summer night.... no better place to be!
View attachment 124379

man, why is it that guitarists in country bands just lean their guitars on things like that? Both of the guit players in my country band do that, and they always fall down! And they are not inexpensive guitars

but yeah, given the right temp, those are sometimes the best gigs

man, why is it that guitarists in country bands just lean their guitars on things like that? Both of the guit players in my country band do that, and they always fall down! And they are not inexpensive guitars

but yeah, given the right temp, those are sometimes the best gigs
I offered to buy him a stand. Nope! It's a thing, I guess!
If I owned that Gretsch guitar and it fell over (which it has) I'd be sick about it.

I offered to buy him a stand. Nope! It's a thing, I guess!
If I owned that Gretsch guitar and it fell over (which it has) I'd be sick about it.

yep......our guys have Gretsch's as well...

Today's job was at the Bakersfield Lincoln dealership. Had no idea prior to the gig, but 2022 is Lincoln's 100th year as a brand. There was a celebration and presentation of Lincoln's vision for the future. I'm not a car guy at all, but I must admit to being impressed. The whole event was very professional.

Brought out part of the DW set, with the almond snare drum, Roland TM-1 and kick trigger, and some of my 602s. I'm far enough in with the set to know what it can do, but the almond snare drum and the 602s have me all moist and smitten. Stared at the hydraulic bass drum batter and the black dot floor tom batter the entire time, with eyes twitching and sweaty palms the whole time. LOL. Someday I'll be able to reconcile it.

1E9F2118-EC9F-4FDA-BA2D-78698D484023.jpeg

F6A3E2EF-2178-4C0B-9058-CF3C899BE981.jpeg

Back