Post your Gig Pics

Someone got a cool pic from the wedding gig this afternoon. Newlyweds’ first dance. We were cocktail hour/background/first dance entertainment before the large band took the big stage to close out the night. Easy peasy.

Brought the flapjack rig with the new (to me) 5” N&C snare. The room was cavernous… that little pancake bass drum sounded like a double-headed 26” bass drum in there. Easy listening, old school stuff that was perfect for the duo. All the old farts loved us but the youngsters were bored stiff. 🤩

AD22AD76-0F55-463D-95CA-A335C2302B5F.jpeg

E15BD73A-98FD-4B4A-8B52-1D8D2FF6D38C.jpeg

Someone got a cool pic from the wedding gig this afternoon. Newlyweds’ first dance. We were cocktail hour/background/first dance entertainment before the large band took the big stage to close out the night. Easy peasy.

Brought the flapjack rig with the new (to me) 5” N&C snare. The room was cavernous… that little pancake bass drum sounded like a double-headed 26” bass drum in there. Easy listening, old school stuff that was perfect for the duo. All the old farts loved us but the youngsters were bored stiff. 🤩

View attachment 118887

View attachment 118889
That's some pancake.

Hola Dot Comrades.

we did our first gig in over two years this past weekend. It went surprisingly well considering we lost two former members and gained two new replacements, Also, this was my first gig playing my Pearls. I love the big boomy warmth of my deedubs, but the Pearls seem louder, and l wanted loud. 8C388E4E-9C44-4DA1-AA96-C653DB4C6C09.jpegA51BFD8D-F588-48B2-B13A-A78B6E031DE0.jpegO

once again l am in the pit.

Have a great week all

Barry

Hola Dot Comrades.

we did our first gig in over two years this past weekend. It went surprisingly well considering we lost two former members and gained two new replacements, Also, this was my first gig playing my Pearls. I love the big boomy warmth of my deedubs, but the Pearls seem louder, and l wanted loud. View attachment 118958View attachment 118959O

once again l am in the pit.

Have a great week all

Barry

nice!!!!

and sporting the Oilers sweater b/c it is THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!!

but I have to say.....GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Reactions: baz
Some pics from a Driveway gig I did yesterday . Took out the Ludwig Classic Maple Aged Exotic Birdseye kit for the first time and was very pleased with the sound . Cymbals were Sabian 14” HHX Click hats , 18” HHX Anthology Hi Bell ; 22” HHX Anthology Hi Bell and 17” HHX Complex O-zone . View attachment 120052View attachment 120053View attachment 120054View attachment 120055View attachment 120056View attachment 120057

was that your place?

the kit looks great iin that light for sure!!

Some pics from a Driveway gig I did yesterday . Took out the Ludwig Classic Maple Aged Exotic Birdseye kit for the first time and was very pleased with the sound . Cymbals were Sabian 14” HHX Click hats , 18” HHX Anthology Hi Bell ; 22” HHX Anthology Hi Bell and 17” HHX Complex O-zone . View attachment 120052View attachment 120053View attachment 120054View attachment 120055View attachment 120056View attachment 120057whats the verdict on the crosstown hardware, is the hi-hat any good?

It’s been a coupla weeks since I fouled up a thread with more pics of the same drum shit I always post. Better remedy that with a couple from the latest duo hit last night. Same rig, different day.

As I posted somewhere else, simply pulling these drums out of their bags makes me smile. They’ll be back at it tonight for a full band gig at a shitty dive bar, in the thriving methopolis of Oildale, CA. Anyone here who knows the Bakersfield area will get that one. 😁😵‍💫

316BE880-1698-45B8-82A6-CCEA99E6CA19.jpeg

ED99DBFA-ED12-47F7-8B5F-78EBEB4E3A1F.jpeg

The more I see that big center port, the more I want to give it a try. The tartan helps as well. Tugs at my highland heritage.

Am sure I have a spare reso kicking around. Time to try this on the 22" Club Custom.

The more I see that big center port, the more I want to give it a try. The tartan helps as well. Tugs at my highland heritage.

Am sure I have a spare reso kicking around. Time to try this on the 22" Club Custom.

Ports, especially large center ports, seem to get slammed pretty hard in the world of drum fora. I’ve heard it all… can’t tune, too lazy, any sound guy worth his salt, kills the sound, Buddy and Bonzo didn’t, blah blah blah. It really is a sound and feel all its own, and it’s definitely not for everyone or every style of music.

I primarily play soul/pop/R&B/light 70’s rock/70’&80’s country, or originals that borrow heavily from many of the same influences, so this sound works perfectly for what I’m doing. The tartan is an old wool stadium blanket (from approximately 60-70 years ago) and was a gift from my lovely lady, so it has sentimental value along with being a perfect muffling tool. Very easy to adjust depending on what I’m seeking to accomplish.

Also should note that I’m running a mic at every gig regardless of venue size, AND I’m running a triggered sound to layer with the main sound if I wish to add some boom. The triggered sound is actually a sample of this same bass drum, wide open with full front head. Best of all worlds for me and again, easily adjustable. I use the Roland TM-1, which I run through the app on my phone to dial in decay, volume and pitch of the triggered sound depending on what song we’re playing.

I finally gigged the "new" ludwig kit this weekend. I am in love with this thing now. Coated Emperors on all of the toms give a nice warm tone. The guys liked it too. After playing a 4 piece forever the extra rack tom made me rethink a lot of fills, it was tricky at times.
The stage area here looks funny lit up, they acually have a lighting system while we play so the furniture is hidden, it a cool stage area 3 steps up from the rest of the venue.

IMG_3034.jpg

I finally gigged the "new" ludwig kit this weekend. I am in love with this thing now. Coated Emperors on all of the toms give a nice warm tone. The guys liked it too. After playing a 4 piece forever the extra rack tom made me rethink a lot of fills, it was tricky at times.
The stage area here looks funny lit up, they acually have a lighting system while we play so the furniture is hidden, it a cool stage area 3 steps up from the rest of the venue.

Awesome looking Ludwigs! I’m also particularly fond of the one cymbal + hi-hat cymbal setup. I’ve been running with that idea for the last several months and love it.

Awesome looking Ludwigs! I’m also particularly fond of the one cymbal + hi-hat cymbal setup. I’ve been running with that idea for the last several months and love it.
Thank you. Yeah, ive been using just the ride which i can crash as well for a while and it just simplifies things. I have a splash that ill add to the ride stand above the ride sometimes on a stacker rod. Once in a great while, outdoors ill add just one crash but its honestly been years since I have.

Back