Post your Gig Pics

You guys didn't play a free-form jazz exploration in front of a festival crowd now did you ? ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist the Spinal Tap joke because of your moniker....

I told them...8 Track Massacre first, THEN puppet show! 😅

Played at a MC club yesterday, the rain was pouring down so it wasn't exactly ideal for an outside gig. The audience had some tents some feet away, but it was not the best night for us in terms of reaction from the audience, they seemed more eager to talk to each other than seeing a concert. Oh well, it is what it is, luckily this is not a regular thing for us. Here's some pre-show pictures at least 🙂
1000019054.jpg

1000019055.jpg
1000019062.jpg

Front view of the rig from the LA country club hit today. The gig itself was a grind. Disinterested crowds are always a bummer. I use gigs like this one to focus on posture, ergonomics, sound, etc… Oh well, at least the pic turned out pretty cool. 🤪

View attachment 147566

@mday, I wanted to ask you about your rig. Your setup looks comfortable but unconventional at the same time. I dig it!
Wow, you do have a lot of gigs and also at beautiful locations, kudos!

Played at a MC club yesterday, the rain was pouring down so it wasn't exactly ideal for an outside gig. The audience had some tents some feet away, but it was not the best night for us in terms of reaction from the audience, they seemed more eager to talk to each other than seeing a concert. Oh well, it is what it is, luckily this is not a regular thing for us. Here's some pre-show pictures at least 🙂
Nice pix - very interesting, pallets supporting the stage... hmmmmm.... 🤔

My winery adventures continue. This gig was a bit of a test for the golf bag carrier I use for the hardware as I had to get it across some grass and then up on a patio stage, but it was super easy - and then unpacking the hardware and setting up was simplicity because the stands were at the correct height already. A cloudy day later turned into a sunny and very hot day.20240622_144751.jpg20240622_140645.jpg20240622_144920.jpgLC Chelan Ridge.png20240622_144831.jpg

My winery adventures continue. This gig was a bit of a test for the golf bag carrier I use for the hardware as I had to get it across some grass and then up on a patio stage, but it was super easy - and then unpacking the hardware and setting up was simplicity because the stands were at the correct height already. A cloudy day later turned into a sunny and very hot day.View attachment 147839View attachment 147840View attachment 147842View attachment 147846View attachment 147841
I've had many of those days down here in Florida.
"Crap, I think it's going to rain"
(2 hours later it's sunny and 100F)
"Damn... I kinda wish it rained"

Here’s the opposite of @DamnSingerAlsoDrums 😬
View attachment 148091
Barn gig complete with a hay floor and a New Holland Workmaster 95 tractor parked next to me. Try not to get jealous. At least there were plenty of hungry bugs and absolutely no light during the gig, and it did cool down to a nice 90f. Fun time anyhow.
Dude! I live litterally 5 mins away from local farm country. One of my good friends runs a 250 heads dairy farm and coincidentally, his brother is the area rep for New Holland, so not quite as much the opposite as you first thought !

But yeah I guess that my band hasn't done a lot of barn gigs as of late ;-)

But a gig is a gig. And I've done my share of them in very unusual and funky settings (correctional facilities, detox houses, hunting lodges, remote mining and logging camps, even on the deck of a hi-seas fishing vessel....) Those are often the ones you end up talking about the most at friends/familly gatherings.

Back