Post your Gig Pics

roncadillac

Took some DW drums and Roland electronics out to the job today. 🤩 Rounding out the rig are some 602s and the 5” N&C SS maple drum. Finally caught a nice day in Bakersfield. After weeks of 105+ degree temps, today was in the low-90’s. 🙏🏻

View attachment 124255

View attachment 124256
How do you like that DW7000 pedal? I'm going to be picking one up probably today. All of my research shows it's basically the exact same pedal as the dw5000 when set up with the turbo cam instead of the accelerator cam and is currently being sold for around $130 instead of the 5000 currently being sold for around $300.

Last edited:

Ryan Culberson

How do you like that DW7000 pedal? I'm going to be picking one up probably today. All of my research shows it's basically the exact same pedal as the dw5000 when set up with the turbo cam instead of the accelerator can and is curry being sold for around $130 instead of the 5000 currently being sold for around $260.

The 7000 feels great. I like my 5000 slightly better because of the cam difference and also because they finally took the ridiculous velcro off the bottom and replaced it with rubber. Grips but doesn’t stick. Other than that, they’re essentially the same.

Totigerus

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Back deck at the local lodge on a hot summer night.... no better place to be!
View attachment 124379

man, why is it that guitarists in country bands just lean their guitars on things like that? Both of the guit players in my country band do that, and they always fall down! And they are not inexpensive guitars

but yeah, given the right temp, those are sometimes the best gigs

JoeVermont

man, why is it that guitarists in country bands just lean their guitars on things like that? Both of the guit players in my country band do that, and they always fall down! And they are not inexpensive guitars

but yeah, given the right temp, those are sometimes the best gigs
I offered to buy him a stand. Nope! It's a thing, I guess!
If I owned that Gretsch guitar and it fell over (which it has) I'd be sick about it.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I offered to buy him a stand. Nope! It's a thing, I guess!
If I owned that Gretsch guitar and it fell over (which it has) I'd be sick about it.

yep......our guys have Gretsch's as well...

Ryan Culberson

Today's job was at the Bakersfield Lincoln dealership. Had no idea prior to the gig, but 2022 is Lincoln's 100th year as a brand. There was a celebration and presentation of Lincoln's vision for the future. I'm not a car guy at all, but I must admit to being impressed. The whole event was very professional.

Brought out part of the DW set, with the almond snare drum, Roland TM-1 and kick trigger, and some of my 602s. I'm far enough in with the set to know what it can do, but the almond snare drum and the 602s have me all moist and smitten. Stared at the hydraulic bass drum batter and the black dot floor tom batter the entire time, with eyes twitching and sweaty palms the whole time. LOL. Someday I'll be able to reconcile it.

1E9F2118-EC9F-4FDA-BA2D-78698D484023.jpeg

F6A3E2EF-2178-4C0B-9058-CF3C899BE981.jpeg

Ryan Culberson

Got my Design series kit out for a play yesterday. Multi-band bill and I drew the “backline your kit” short straw. I keep these Design drums on hand specifically for this purpose, as I refuse to let anyone else play my other DW kit. They performed admirably. Venue was yet another Bakersfield horse ranch.

23D3D10A-4C27-4FA7-998A-92B1D7031F76.jpeg

922782A3-04FE-431A-AD13-1C5675B0341D.jpeg

19AB3686-3CC4-4759-937C-AA1D98FC2FEB.jpeg

roncadillac

Got my Design series kit out for a play yesterday. Multi-band bill and I drew the “backline your kit” short straw. I keep these Design drums on hand specifically for this purpose, as I refuse to let anyone else play my other DW kit. They performed admirably. Venue was yet another Bakersfield horse ranch.

View attachment 124616

View attachment 124617

View attachment 124618
When I get forced to provide backline I always bring my smallest and/or most unusual set ups haha. One time I brought my Tama cocktail jam and no joke... One of the bands refused to even play because 'someone' (not me but our singer who arranged the show and told me the morning of that everyone is using my drums) told them there would be a 'full backline drum kit' and my cocktail jam kit was 'a toy, not real drums'. The drummer said to me "I'm not playing that thing" and I said "hmm... Good." And they all left without playing a song.

Ryan Culberson

Finally had an opportunity to get my little drums out for a doubleheader today. They were especially useful for the first job, crammed in a corner of an uppity restaurant. The bass drum is 10x20… fits in the tight spots real nice like. Could’ve used my big rig for the second job, but I already had the little drums with me so stuck with ‘em.

8EE4E96A-C76E-49A5-A9DE-335F9BAEC5BE.jpeg

273C2D1D-DDC0-4D8F-9774-AA9ACAFEFFB9.jpeg