Post The Weirdest Events In Music History

That interview gets weirder by the minute. You can see Gene and Paul growing increasingly "concerned" with Ace's behavior.
It's more painful than anything...pull the veil off of the wizard and see what lies beneath...goofy abandon. psych drugs make people do stupid s..t.

I love this clip for exposing in one band, the great divide between the legitimacy of musicians who do it for the reckless joy of it all, versus playacting businessmen who posture in greasepaint.

Gene and Paul consider it an act - a spectacle - as much as a band. I'm fine with that. It's not like they couldn't write a song. They influenced countless future metal musicians.

‘Weirdest’ is a specifically tough event to name. I suppose it depends on one’s definition of weird, particularly as it related to the point in time of such event. And then there’s the event itself…
A wardrobe malfunction in the 90’s caused quite an uproar if my memory serves, today it is so commonplace or more intentional as to be passé. 70’s acts kept pushing the limits of what the public and the media would accept. The people are always more accepting than the media or critics.
Imagine Alice Cooper just a decade after Bill Haley.
Weirdest? My cousin saw The Sound Of Music in the theater 13 times before he died.

Is it true that the drum parts on the original studio recording of " Kiss Him Goodbye " radio hit was a pattern played by the engineer/producer on a cigar box with his fingers ?

The fish heads song was on an 8 track tape that my mom had back in the 80's. It also had this song. Anyone remember this?
My GOD. I haven't heard this since I was, I don't know, 12? And haven't thought of it a single time since. And yet the moment it started playing, it all came rushing right back.

What an infallibly useful thing is memory. :)

The very ending of " The Shape I'm In " . Levon and the boys fall down the stairs together on this one in pre- digital innocence .

ALSO

I happen to believe the drums coming into Eagles' intro of Take it Easy was a happy accident .

Last edited:
Back