Post Preview Button

Since the hacking, the Post Preview button has gone away. I can no longer preview my text for editing before posting. Can we get this function back?

The latest updates brought a new version of the text editor which is configurable in some aspects, although I didn't change anything in the configuration. For me top right there's a preview button - maybe you only see its icon because of a smaller device (text disappears when screen gets too small)?

screenshot.png

The latest updates brought a new version of the text editor which is configurable in some aspects, although I didn't change anything in the configuration. For me top right there's a preview button - maybe you only see its icon because of a smaller device (text disappears when screen gets too small)?

View attachment 103218
This is what I see. I'm a phone user only if that matters.

20210409_112940.jpg

There used to be a Preview button to the left of the Post Reply button. If I rotate my screen to landscape there is no change.

Since the hacking, the Post Preview button has gone away. I can no longer preview my text for editing before posting. Can we get this function back?
I think the last two years I haven't posted a single post that I didn't have to go back and edit (repeatedly) after I posted and then read it. Leave out words or mispell words it's ridiculous-I'm thinking my streaming processor has some sort of malfunction so I may need to reboot my brain. If that doesn't work Supergrobi may have to take a deep dive in my brain and see if there is some virus or have a bad circuit or bad programming. My CPU will be 66 later this month and it's gotten overheated a few times, electrocuted, typical wear and tear, definitely some foreign agents introduced that who knows what that did to the circuitry-it's not chemically resistant. It shrinks with age-terrifying thought for my brawny brain oh wait I mean pea brain ROFL.

Type, read, edit, post. There is your preview.
I know, this should be fine. But for some reason I find it easier to find spelling/grammatical errors in the preview than the text box. Sometimes I decide I don't like what I wrote after i preview it also.

If you click the preview box, you are bringing up the same verbiage , that you have to edit. You could do the same edit before you click post reply and save yourself a step. You are still reading over what you typed in the first place. If the preview box did an auto spell check that would be fine. Just as if you were typing an email. Before you hit send, you read over it.

I like to vomit it all on the page-post-reread-edit-reread-edit-reread-edit, etc. etc. etc. It's fun to see what words I leave out or misspell or just the ramble. It all started somewhat cathartic from my frustration of teaching college level classes and I spent more time correcting grammar than content in my Bio classes. I'm not blaming English professors I know their frustration too. But it just seems like with more technology the emphasis on writing well lost to communicating fast-with just a new form of shorthand/slang. I saved some emails from students and their parents appealing to me for a grade but it would be unethical to show them. I doubt many people now have writer's callus on their finger. I was just noting the other day I've finally lost mine. I've had one almost all my entire life because we wrote so much more by hand back in public school and college-if fingers it was a typewriter which wasn't generally allowed in a classroom unless you had a broke arm or something.

No preview, no edits. I never even read over tests after completion in school.
I don't second guess myself.

I see the preview button on the upper right. (Laptop)
I know that when I check DW on my phone during lunch break, it's irritatingly difficult to post. Especially copying only certain lines of a comment.

I'm with Johnny with the exception of pics. I never use the PP button. I do edit the crap out of my original post idea in the first window. I spend way too much time with spelling, grammar, punctuation, wording. I try to give examples of me doing stuff as opposed to saying what you should do is...I try not to repeat the same idea differently in the same post. I'm highly concerned with leaving a crystal clear considered thought when I write.

And you should try to plant satellite dishes inside of kidney stones on Tuesday mornings at 3

I never really noticed the preview button before.
I correct my bad typing as I am typing, probably why I type about 14wpm.
My spelling is great, typing, not so good, grammar...jury's still out.

I like the new preview feature, especially with the way other functions now work. Hit it, and nothing seems to change, but you can't edit and everything looks simply like how it'll post - all in the same window!

I think the last two years I haven't posted a single post that I didn't have to go back and edit (repeatedly) after I posted and then read it.

I agree!

Back