Post Order: Newest first or Oldest first???

Do you prefer oldest Post first or newest Post first?

• Total voters
It's nice to know that democracy is still a thing :p

Thanks Bernhard

Another thing I just noticed is that when I click on a thread I was previously reading, it takes me to where I left off with it.
Very nice. (y)

Yup, that is a nice feature.

I also like being able to quote one post, continue reading other posts, on different pages even, and being able to quote posts freely as I come across them.

Having the reply box at the bottom of every page is a nice touch, too.

I like the newest post first. I really get tired of having to reread through all the posts I've already read through numerous times. It's like watching the whole season of a TV show each time you want to see the latest episode.

I like the newest post first. I really get tired of having to reread through all the posts I've already read through numerous times. It's like watching the whole season of a TV show each time you want to see the latest episode.

I don’t think it works like that now. I’m under the impression that, if you’ve read through a thread before and come back to it after someone else has posted, it’ll take you to the first post you haven’t read. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I don’t think it works like that now. I’m under the impression that, if you’ve read through a thread before and come back to it after someone else has posted, it’ll take you to the first post you haven’t read. Correct me if I’m wrong.

That's how it's working for me. For example, I just clicked on the "What's your Latest Purchase" thread.
There are 153 pages in that thread, and it took me directly to page 153 at the last post I read the previous
time I looked at that thread.
Just like putting a book mark there.

You are right to an extent. If I haven't read it yet, then yes it takes me to the newest unread post. If it is a thread I've read all the way through, I start at post #1. Usually if I revisit something I've already read, it's to comment on one of the last posts. Sometimes I gotta think about something for a bit before posting, and read other stuff in the meantime.

Just like putting a book mark there.

Pretty nifty, no? Automatic for the people.

If it is a thread I've read all the way through, I start at post #1.

You may be right. I’m going to look into that next time I’m behind my laptop. Right now, I’m digging being able to read posts and reply from my phone with ease.

BTW......in the Classifieds.....shouldn't the newest be posted first in the thread???? Otherwise it'll take a year to find the most recent.
.desufnoc m'I ?? dediced ew evah tahw oS

Another vote for newest first.

i changed back to oldest first, so my question:

ON A MOBILE PHONE: when you go to Drummers - then Gavin Harrison - i see the oldest post now. How do i manage to come to the newest post? Can't find it... ON A MOBILE PHONE ...can you give advise please - thanks a lot. Bernhard

I've tried it on several of those very long threads on the mobile. Yes, I get directed to the very first post from 2005 too Bernhard.

I was able to press on the "jump to new" button and got taken to the newest post. But I was unable to get taken to the last post I'd actually read. For that, I had to scroll back/page back.

It would be nice to have the option to be able to pick a page. Some of these threads are massive. If I there are no new posts and one has read the whole thing, the 'next' button just doesn't cut it.

I'm only on a mobile device, no computer usage for me.

Not sure what you guys are on....(device\lapto\pc)...but I have none of those issues on my iPhone, Surface Pro, of PC.

I go to last post I read, and I can choose to look at whatever page I want on a longer thread no matter how many pages there are.

Working perfectly and logically for me....

Using a pc laptop, being able to pick a specific page is the only of those options I don't see.
On a real long thread, I can choose p.1, 2, or 3, then '....' and the last page.
I can get to pages in the middle, but it still takes a bit of doing, like if you know you want p. 10 or something.

Last edited:
I think I started this fiasco, so I'll try to clear up my miscommunication that was 100% my fault.

I do NOT want to see a list of threads on the message boards starting at 2005 every time I get on here. I like newest thread first on the actual message board.

BUT

When I open a new thread (NOT the actual messageboard but the thread itself), I would like to see the original comment by the person who started the thread first, then the first response next, then the second response next as I scroll down the page. For example, my reply to this will appear on the first page of the thread, at the top...not at the bottom. In other words, the thread begins with the latest replies, not the original question followed by everyone's responses in the order they were posted.

Here are a couple of pictures of the top of specific threads. First is from Acoustic Guitar Forum. If you click on a thread, the first OP's question or comment is first. However on DW, the latest response is first. The message I was trying to get across is that I like the format of the AGF board in terms of order.

I really, really hope this makes sense.

Does to me ??. When I open the site and to the page with threads I like the newest threads listed first . When I open a thread I like to see the posts in the thread from oldest ( first post) to newest to as someone said “ read like a book ). Just seem more orderly and natural to me

Newest post first obviously. Or a button that could jump me to the newest post (and the first post) without scrolling, so everyone is happy.

I would love to see the banner thingy with all the menus on it to always be visible when scrolling.

All functions would be available even when scrolling if I had my way.

Don't make me get the gorilla costume out :)

Back