Possible trade?

2bsticks

Platinum Member
Hi All,

I am considering either selling or trading my 5 piece Yamaha Oak Custom kit for a three piece kit. I find myself using just a 4 piece kit on all my gigs. I already sold my rack system. The drums are in great shape, they are the older gold badge oaks. The color is Red Sedona. They sound great. They are 10x8 12x9 14x11 16x14 22x17, floor toms are hanging. I am interested in 22x16 12x8 and either a 14 or 16 floor tom, maybe even both?

I know if I go to Guitar Center I will get screwed and eBay can be a pain with the shipping.

I am in the Boston area.

Attachments

Super Phil

Just because you have X amount of drums doesn't mean you have to bring all of them when you gig. Unless you're looking for a different sound/color/whatever, then why bother? I think you'll get straight up hosed if you try and trade them in at a Guitar Center.

2bsticks

Platinum Member
Hi Phil, I know if I went to gc I will get hosed. Don't get me wrong, I love the oaks, I just don' t use them all. It seems like a waste. For a while I was mixing them up, taking the 10 & 14 one night then the 12&16 the next but lately I have been gigging with a magstar maple kit with a 20" kick and it sounds great too. So if someone wanted to use a bigger kit maybe we could work something out. For the music I play now the 4 piece does the job and it's easier for this old man to move around too.

Super Phil

Those are sweet drums. You can always put an ad in the barter section on craigslist...but be prepared to get some ridiculously stupid offers, lol
If i was closer to Beantown I'd be half tempted to see if you were interested in some StarClassic Maples....