Pork Pie Little Squealer 4-Piece Shell Pack

fendermrr

Yeah, so I saw it online and i think it would be a nice upgrade from a pearl forum. Anyone have this kit? Also what are your thoughts on it? Im going to head over to guitar center tommorrow to play it. I also checked the pork pie website and it said they offer 8x10 and 12x14ft as upgrades for the Squealer kit which is cool.

They are 100% maple and they sizes are
# 22" x 20" bass
# 12" x 9" tom
# 16" x 16" floor tom
# 7" x 14" snare
http://www.guitarcenter.com/item/ex...e/556674jpg.jpg

So yeah, has anyone played one of these before?

shoedaddy

I'm a big fan of Pork Pie's Piglite acrylic snare, so when I saw one of these in GC a few months ago, I was drawn to it immediately. First, the positives--looks great, great fit and finish, etc. The sound? I played it for quite awhile and found it was so-so, lacking attack. The toms and snare had a very punchy, wet sound. The snare just sounded too boomy and ringy. I thought maybe it was hasty in-store tuning, but the salesperson, a real expert drummer who plays top clubs in NYC regularly, said he'd been playing around with it for days and hadn't been able to get the right sound out of it. Maybe new heads and the right tuning will do it--or maybe the sound I heard is the sound you want--but I'd check it out carefully. Nobody expects to get a custom Pork Pie kit for $1100 at GC, but I'd want to get a bit more than that.

gmrakich

Gold Member
Great kit for the money. 100% AMERICAN maple shells.
As far as the snare sound, everybody likes a different sound so if the drum did not have the correct head to get the sound you want, it is not going to sound pleasing to you. This kit would be a huge upgrade from the PEARL's you have.

Nodiggie

Gold Member
Don't have any experience with Pork Pie..except their thrones (love it)....

However, I would like to comment on the Pearl Forum.

No joke, proly the least expensive best sounding snare drums I have ever heard! I was very surprised when I heard it. In comparison, The CX snare that came with my kit, is the WORST sounding snare I have ever heard. lol

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
You can't go wrong with Pork Pie. They are a great company with amazing attention to detail. Give them a call and talk to them, great people the love drums.

drumhead61

Gold Member
Yeah, so I saw it online and i think it would be a nice upgrade from a pearl forum. Anyone have this kit? Also what are your thoughts on it? Im going to head over to guitar center tommorrow to play it. I also checked the pork pie website and it said they offer 8x10 and 12x14ft as upgrades for the Squealer kit which is cool.

They are 100% maple and they sizes are
# 22" x 20" bass
# 12" x 9" tom
# 16" x 16" floor tom
# 7" x 14" snare
http://www.guitarcenter.com/item/ex...e/556674jpg.jpg

So yeah, has anyone played one of these before?
Dude,

I am just going to have to continue to sing the praises of California Percussion...they only sell two brands of kits that being the ludwig and gretsch but the money spent is phenominal...go to www.californiapercussion.com and you will be amazed at what you get for your money on kits...if that kit you are talking about is still of interest then so be it, but if you want drums both of which are very respectable kits then go check out that site and look at those kits...I got a starter kit for my son and I and we got a good ludwig kit with hardware, some cymbals, a throne and sticks with free shipping for under $500 bucks...$500 BUCKS...the only draw back is I had to wait longer than I wanted because they did not have the color I wanted.

Another draw back is that their color choices are limited, however the deal to me is what I am after...great drums, great price, and hardware included! ENOUGH said...GOOD LUCK

cantstandyourfunk

well, I've just zeroed-in on the pork pie little squealer, which seems to be the perfect add-on and value-for-money snare drum that i can afford at this moment. I plan to buy the 12x5 one. any reviews?