Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7 Vented Snare

blastbeatkeeper

Hello, all. I have a chance to pick up one of these snares for $100 used, with brand new Evans heads, 300 hazy bottom and G1 batter. I was in the market for a 14x6.5, but Im wondering if tuned low enough, would I be able to get the body I want? I mean, as well as 2 ply batter head, and tuned pretty low, I should, right? Im not lookling for low low tones, but I also have a 14x4.5 and a 14x5.5, and neither one of them will go as low as I want. I figure, yes, it may be an inch smaller, but its deep. Am I correct? Or am I thinking wrong....

Hello, all. I have a chance to pick up one of these snares for $100 used, with brand new Evans heads, 300 hazy bottom and G1 batter. I was in the market for a 14x6.5, but Im wondering if tuned low enough, would I be able to get the body I want? I mean, as well as 2 ply batter head, and tuned pretty low, I should, right? Im not lookling for low low tones, but I also have a 14x4.5 and a 14x5.5, and neither one of them will go as low as I want. I figure, yes, it may be an inch smaller, but its deep. Am I correct? Or am I thinking wrong....

I'm guessing here (because I almost bought one in May), but the depth of the little squealer should help you get the sound you are achieving. The 2-ply head will help out. I have a 14x5.5 Chad Smith and a 14x6.5 I built in May (10-ply maple 10 lug). Naturally, a 13 will be slightly higher than a 14 but a deeper drum should help you get pretty close to the sound you want.

Just to clarify, you're talking about the snare that has several vents, right?

I have one and love it. But im a sucker for deep 13 inch snare drums. It will go out of tune if you do a lot of rim shots but thats an easy fix.

Back