Pork Pie Hip Pig!

drummerjims

Those are some yummy looking drums. I love the center lug style always have, there is just something really classy about it. This may have to be my next kit. Just wondering if you would be offering this without a tom mount and maybe with a duco finish? If that is the case and if it has a reasonable price point then you have yourself a customer.

pork pie

These shells are made of a wood called Nyatoh, It is an Asian hardwood. The wood is really cool as this kit has a clear satin finish with no stain or dye. Just clear paint. The shells are 8 ply. Right now this is the only finish available.

I am also working on a second kit that will be 9x13, 16x16ft 18 14x22. Same wood a finish.

Street price on this kit will be $899.00.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Street price on this kit will be $899.00.
What a bargain, & should fly off the shelves at that price :)

Nice sound on the video, especially the toms. Would be nice to hear the bass drum without EQ though.

markdrum

Silver Member
Bill, what are you trying to do to us? This thing sounds fantastic! What will be the availability of add-on drums? Just in time for Christmas. Oh brother, I need some antacids.

RobertM

Platinum Member
Bill,

I take it this is an imported kit. However, do you cut the bearing edges--the true stamp of a Pork Pie kit? Just wondering what kind of QC PP does on the kits.

pork pie

hey guys.

Sorry for the delayed response here. Life gets in the way sometimes. Here is some info for you.

Nyatoh is an Asian hardwood with much the same qualities as maple. Really nice to work with. Finishes well too. The wood when finished looks a lot like Mahogany. This kit just has clear satin l
lacquer on it and the wood is gorgeous. These shells are all 8 ply.

This kit is made for me in Taiwan. The same factory that makes all of my squealer stuff. Everything that comes out of the factory in Taiwan is top shelf. In the 50,000 (no joke) drums I have received from my factory, I have had one snare drum that was rejected. These guys are the best over there.

Heads are Remo Coated Ambassador tops and clear bottoms. When I go into production, there will be coated top and bottom. Bass drum heads are a clear P3 batter and P3 Ebony in the front. Production will be a white P3 on the front.

There will be a second kit available. 9x13, 16x16ft and 14x22. Add-on drums will be available in 7x10, 8x12, 16x18ft, 5x14sn and 6.5x14sn.

There you go fellas' Let me know of ay questions!

One last thing for you all. There is no enhancements on this recording. There is gate on the floor tom only because it rang so much it was running into everything else. IMHO, not a bad problem to have. I was in the control room while it was being recorded and it sounded just like it does in the clip. You can check out my other videos on my YouTube page and you will see that my bass drums all sound like that. No muffling, no hole, just a killer sound.

Enjoy!

BGH

Gold Member
I like the lugs, but why doesn't it have your hourglass lugs on it?
Oh man, I much prefer these vintage looking lugs (beavertail?). I would say I'm in love with these. If I needed a kit I'd be all over this. I'd buy both kits with a 10" add on. I'd leave the 13, 16, 22 at home and take the 10 12 14 20 on gigs. When I was in the mood, I'd have all of the toms set up at home with the 22....

pork pie

Hey guys

Just throwing something out there for fun. I love the vintage lugs and thoughts this may be a way to try a new direction for my business. Another line to offer never hurts. Always thinking.

drummerjims

I like them too, just interested in why they were chosen, given how signature the hourglass lugs are. They would be a unique modern spin on the clubdate style.
I like the hourglass lugs a lot I like them as split lugs, and as a single lug on snares. However I'm not sure I would like them "club date" style.

Redbeard

These seem hard to beat for the price!
Bill, do these have a rounded bearing edge to match the vintage look? Or is it your standard edge?

pork pie

This kit is called the Hip Pig as in the cool pig. Nothing about how to carry it. Look at the new logo.

These have a standard 45 inner edge and slightly rounder outside edge. Makes them nice and warm!

Drumlove65

hey guys.

Sorry for the delayed response here. Life gets in the way sometimes. Here is some info for you.

Nyatoh is an Asian hardwood with much the same qualities as maple. Really nice to work with. Finishes well too. The wood when finished looks a lot like Mahogany. This kit just has clear satin l
lacquer on it and the wood is gorgeous. These shells are all 8 ply.

This kit is made for me in Taiwan. The same factory that makes all of my squealer stuff. Everything that comes out of the factory in Taiwan is top shelf. In the 50,000 (no joke) drums I have received from my factory, I have had one snare drum that was rejected. These guys are the best over there.

Heads are Remo Coated Ambassador tops and clear bottoms. When I go into production, there will be coated top and bottom. Bass drum heads are a clear P3 batter and P3 Ebony in the front. Production will be a white P3 on the front.

There will be a second kit available. 9x13, 16x16ft and 14x22. Add-on drums will be available in 7x10, 8x12, 16x18ft, 5x14sn and 6.5x14sn.

There you go fellas' Let me know of ay questions!

One last thing for you all. There is no enhancements on this recording. There is gate on the floor tom only because it rang so much it was running into everything else. IMHO, not a bad problem to have. I was in the control room while it was being recorded and it sounded just like it does in the clip. You can check out my other videos on my YouTube page and you will see that my bass drums all sound like that. No muffling, no hole, just a killer sound.

Enjoy!
Hello sir can you tell me when the add on drums will be available for the hipgig kit. I'm totally in love with this kit and will be purchasing the kit soon from MF.