Pollyanna’s 10 000 posts award retrospective…

Congrats Poly.

You are certainly one of the reasons I continue to be a member of this forum.

I actually find you to be hugely influential on my approach to drumming. It's easy to get caught up in all the things I can't play, but you constantly remind us it's not what we can't do, it's what we CAN do, which is continue to make music even when life attempts to throw road blocks in our way.

You are a good person to know, even if some 8,000 miles of ocean separates us.

Congratulations, Polly! You always put such an effort into your posts, great tips as well. Thank you for being a part of the community!

You both deserve a congratulations!

Incredibly well done by both of you for sure.

Has to be one of the most amazing posts I've ever seen.

This thread proves that it's not how much you love, it's how much you are loved by others.

(guesses to what movie that originated from?)

I bet Grunt didn't get any of this hoopla for his 10,000th. Being mayor exempts you? Or is it because of his gender?

But back to Polly...

Easily the most loved person on these boards, by a huge margin. Andy gets my vote for #2. Oh that didn't come out right. Sorry dog!

Henri, your thread is EXCEPTIONAL. on behalf of everyone here, thanks man. The time spent and the work involved will always be remembered here. What a classy man you are.

Lazy Slightly Wobbly Drummer Woman, This is your life.

Haha... Yes Polly, you're kinda right, to reach 10K must take a lot of your life, but it's all for our pleasure, so don't stop :)

@aydee
@keep it simple
@Otto
@haredrums
@Deathmetalconga
@harryconway
@MaryO
@dmacc
@Liebe zeit

Thanks for the kind comments drummerfriends, really appreciated :)

Well I wasn't invited to the party, but I don't want to be a "Drama Queen" about it! :)

Sorry Glen my friend, it wasn't intended as such, Polly's list of "friends" was the clue for contacting potential members, but you've joined the party now that's what is important :)

Ha! I thought of that one too... but upon reflexion, I knew Polly would rather listen to Rebecca Black :))

Yes, my hats off to Henri and Polly both. Great job! Now, Henri has to track any others that might be coming up on milestones here. It's his job now ;)

Thanks Bo... but hey, don't be pushy... pushy (guesses to what movie that originated from?)

Henri, your thread is EXCEPTIONAL. on behalf of everyone here, thanks man. The time spent and the work involved will always be remembered here. What a classy man you are.

Thanks Larry, glad you managed the sunday night after all :)

Been traveling all weekend - Finally up for air.

Wanted to throw a stick spin and a crash choke into this thread.

Poly - I'm new here, but you're a treasure (and MAD has become a good friend) - happy 10,000!!!

-Ken

Yes, my hats off to Henri and Polly both. Great job! Now, Henri has to track any others that might be coming up on milestones here. It's his job now ;)

I'm floating around 500..? ;)

yes!!!!! been waiting for this

it's even more amazing than I imagined

great stuff

I think Henri is on pace to reach 10,000 posts by April 2014. Great job on this thread Henri!

Polly, you're a Rock Star!

Just got through reading the first post, will catch up with the rest later. How awesome. Absolutely fantastic effort MAD. I wondered what you were going to come up with, but never could have imagined the detail involved.......just brilliant. Some very funny stuff there. Well done mate.

And of course well done to Miss Pol.....10K and counting. Looking forward to seeing what else is yet to come!!

After reading through two very long threads over the last couple hours (that I somehow missed the first time 'round), this one is a breath of fresh air and a nice way to conclude some other unpleasant, yet very insightful reading.

Henri, amazing job putting this thread together! I've spent most of the day reading it and some of the backstory. Hats of to you, sir!

Polly, thanks for sticking around!

Congrats Polly! I'm new here but I've enjoyed many of your posts and threads you started.
I can't quite wrap my head around 10,000!!!!!!!!

Back