Pollyanna’s 10 000 posts award retrospective…

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Grea, I'm sorry I'm late to this. I've been travelling, only just back here, apart from the odd minute in a hotel room.

Of course, I'm sorry to hear of dad's demise, but I take great comfort in the knowledge that he didn't suffer unduly, & you didn't have to accompany him on that journey. That really is a blessing, & something positive to take from an otherwise sad & challenging situation.

You're in my thoughts.

Fondest regards, Andy.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
yes. (slight return)
Says the Voodoo Chile ...

No, all threads are started for their original intent. Some of us just don't what that intent may have been. Only the thread starter would know the intent. So the answer has to be no.
Mr Spock-like logic, GD :)

Grea, I'm sorry I'm late to this. I've been travelling, only just back here, apart from the odd minute in a hotel room.

Of course, I'm sorry to hear of dad's demise, but I take great comfort in the knowledge that he didn't suffer unduly ...
Yes, while the last 6 months has been no picnic, he had just one week in hospital before passing. Many are not so lucky.

Both my parents did pretty well in that respect. Mum died suddenly in her sleep in 1995. No pain - just went to sleep and never woke up. A great way to go.

Dad has also done very well by me and I have much to be grateful for. I have unofficially retired from the 9-to-5 grind ... "unofficially" because my bosses have been very good in granting me so much leave with zero pressure, so I'll tie up any loose ends they need before jumping ship entirely.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Does anybody think this thread was started for a reason greater than it's original intent?
Nah. Henri just wanted to give me a treat because we're e-pals. He obviously thought it would be fun and, just as obviously, he enjoys a project.
Here you are John, you've got the answer by the lady herself...

... but this thread has reached a greater level than it's original intent.

Actually, it's all down to Larryace, he's the one which gave me the idea of creating this tribute upon reading his thread http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80332

expand.

MikeM

Platinum Member
Henri, now that you're back at the forum ...

:)
Aw, what a nice gesture! 'Scuze me while I wipe away a tear ... erm, nevermind, it was just beer. Close enough!

So, you gonna kick Anon to the curb now? She's always been a PITA anyway ;-)

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Re: Pollyanna’s 10 000 posts award retrospective…

Aw, what a nice gesture! 'Scuze me while I wipe away a tear ... erm, nevermind, it was just beer. Close enough!

So, you gonna kick Anon to the curb now? She's always been a PITA anyway ;-)
Finally. Some closure. What a kind gesture. Anon who?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member

Woah - Pol breaks her 10,000 duck - huge news (in this micro planet bubble we wallow in ;)

Mods - can you blend Anon's & Pol's post count together? Show that Gretsch hugging guy a thing or two! - ah, wait - bugger :( ;)

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent

Woaw!!! *falling from the chair*

Bless you Polly, now I'm redeemed, this thread has finally got a sense and a reason to be here, my effort where not in vain... and I'm meeting you in person in a couple months!!!! What a memorable year this is going to be :)

A big huge hug to you Grea, you've made my day, we have and we can listen to the end of the song.... and what a song this thread has been :)

Same here... (err, it's the smoke of the fag that went into my eyes) *liar*

Finally. Some closure. What a kind gesture

Absolutely!!!! My life's never gonna be the same again :))

Anon who?
Anon La Planche :)

Wow, now that's true friendship!
Indeed Mary, indeed :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Seeing Polly's name with 10,000 posts....

Am I dreaming? Please never touch that account again. We should retire the name and freeze the 10,000 post count. I feel a little tear welling up...

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Seeing Polly's name with 10,000 posts....

Am I dreaming? Please never touch that account again. We should retire the name and freeze the 10,000 post count. I feel a little tear welling up...
I'm with you, my Bucks County electric drummer man friend.

I have over 4 K ,which is down right remedial ,I never thought would happen,but 10 K is something only DW royalty achieve.

Something to be said for that...hey how about.........Pollanon? :):)

Love ya Pol.cheers

Steve B

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
It sent a shock wave around the world that was centered around the drumming frequency. Al scored a set of Ludwig Standards as a result.

Steve if you took the quality of information contained in your posts into account, your post count would be 100,000.