Poll: Cymbal Logos

How important to you are cymbal logos?

• Very important: I wouldn't buy a cymbal without intact logos and do all I can to protect mine.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Somewhat important: I prefer to have them there, but if a cymbal has a faded logo who am I to judge?

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Not important: I don't care at all about logos, on or off. All things turn to dust, so who cares?

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Hostile: I actively remove logos from all my cymbals

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Weirdo/Psychopath: I keep bottom logos but remove top logos.

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters

Neal Pert

I used to have a practice of removing all logos from my cymbals. I know some people still do. Right now all my cymbals are Paiste with intact logos, though I have an urge to just clean all the logos off the Masters cymbals and let them form a patina. What do you do?

Out of Round

I went through a "no logo" phase with a mixed set of Zildjian and Sabians. The uneven and streaky patina that developed over the spots where I removed the ink pretty much defeated the purpose of having a clean look that eventually aged well.

These days, I like having the logos on my Paistes. The flash of red on a 2002 still turns my head, probably from seeing them in all those videos on early MTV. A Pavlovian response, I guess.

yammyfan

It's all or nothing for me. I like nice solid logos but if they're substantially faded I'll use acetone to finish the job and put them out of their misery. Those cymbals then become practice-only instruments. I would never gig with them.

SharkSandwich

I fly my PAiSte logos proud 😅

Last edited:

C.M. Jones

Ideally, my cymbals would be logo free. I think cymbals look more tasteful/classic that way. But my Zildjian A Avedis logos are so understated that I don't mind them at all. Also, the series has a patina finish that I'm afraid might be compromised if I scrub the logos off. Hence, I'm leaving them alone and letting oxidation run its long but certain course.

organworthyplayer337

I like the naked cymbal look, but only if it comes that way from the factory. If it comes with a logo, I leave it on. It doesn’t bother me. If I am cleaning a cymbal and it’s a possibility that the cleaner will remove the logo, I will be careful not to rub it off.

I am a skeptical person, so when someone has a [insert expensive cymbal model/brand here] listed w/ no logos, I get nervous. I like to keep my cymbals as close to new as possible (within reason). Logos or not.

Auspicious

My K ride.. the logo is 90degree CW from the heaviest side of the cymbal.. so naturally, I never hit the logo. It's not the type of cymbal that can be washed.. so I guess the logo will remain intact without any efforts.

Just passing a humid cloth with dish soap occasionally on the cymbal to remove grease from the surface, that about all the cleaning required it's not altering the patina.

I kind of like the logos, they represent top of the line, it's comfortable to look at. Plus, they are m ade in the USA for the K's or made in Turkey... awesome.

I try to keep the logos intact to preserve their visual appeal.

...unless we're talking about Sabian's logo. Their new design should be cast into the Mariana Trench.
🤣

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I voted for #2....

I feel that cymbals look good with logos, and am proud to show what kind of cymbals I use (Zildjian) because in my formative years about what was "cool" about drumming, the logos of all of the drums were a big part of it. All of my notebooks from middle and high school have drawings of drums and cymbals with the logos, and even the logos themselves (and NOT a lot of actual notes ;) ).

I will not shun buying a used cymbal just b/c it has no logo

but I also am not in the mindset of "if they don't pay me, I don't advertise"...I always thought that was sort of a corny attitude to have

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
I fall into pretty much every one of those categories. In general I don't mind logos, but I don't go out of my way to protect them while cleaning, and because I usually only clean the top of a cymbal they usually end up with only ink on the bottom and completely clean on the top.

Al Strange

I like my logo’s and I’m careful not to remove them when cleaning. On the flip side I have no problem with a logo that has faded from playing…I know, doesn’t make a lot of sense, but I prefer a natural worn look as opposed to simply removing them. Perhaps we need another category?! :unsure:😂

cbphoto

Gold Member
I prefer no logos anywhere. I even remove them from my vehicles and they look so much cleaner without that debris stuck to the body.