Pole Dancers...

SquadLeader

Gold Member
Got a gig tonight, in Manchester, with The Upside Down Ladies also doing a slot

The Upside Down Ladies are a pole dancing/burlesque troupe, not a bunch of guys from the Gdynia Shipyards who head bang.

Can anyone beat this ??

Mmmmmmmm

The Upside Down Ladies are a pole dancing/burlesque troupe, not a bunch of guys from the Gdynia Shipyards who head bang.

Can anyone beat this ??

Mmmmmmmm

No, but I am having pizza and fizzy wine, which is about as exciting a Friday night as I can cope with.

Your evening sounds fun though - enjoy! And please let us have a full report in the morning. Photos would be good too :)

No, but I am having pizza and fizzy wine, which is about as exciting a Friday night as I can cope with.

Your evening sounds fun though - enjoy! And please let us have a full report in the morning. Photos would be good too :)

Indeed! ...................

I went to a gig a few weeks ago (charity fundraiser) that had pole dancers and a grotesque show. It included a guy lifting weight with a chain that went through his nose and out of his mouth (apparently called 'Brain Floss'). He set the Guinness World Record that night. A bed of nails, see-sawing two girls on a plank supported by a fulcrum that was resting on the chest of the guy that was on the bed of nails (I happened to be in a band with that gentleman many years ago) and a number of other interesting displays.

The bands weren't bad either.

I live in an interesting town. Sadly I wasn't playing that particular gig.

I went to a gig a few weeks ago (charity fundraiser) that had pole dancers and a grotesque show. It included a guy lifting weight with a chain that went through his nose and out of his mouth (apparently called 'Brain Floss'). He set the Guinness World Record that night. A bed of nails, see-sawing two girls on a plank supported by a fulcrum that was resting on the chest of the guy that was on the bed of nails (I happened to be in a band with that gentleman many years ago) and a number of other interesting displays.

The bands weren't bad either.

I live in an interesting town. Sadly I wasn't playing that particular gig.

Please, no pictures. The description was enough.

Not tonight, but in a few weeks time, we're headlining the Harley Davidson rally again. The "exotic dancers" are on before us (I hesitate to say slot), & are a lot less than well behaved. If the family aren't attending, I may just obtain video evidence (for a reasonable fee ;)

I pledge $5 per recorded minute. Anyone?

use to play at a club that had wet Tee shirt contest every Wednesday we had to provide the music so the girls could dance Always a good time

Many years ago I played in a band that had a standing 3 hour gig in a club in a hotel. During the 15 minute breaks, a Middle Eastern belly dancer performed with her father playing the Ude and a young guy playing dumbek. After a couple of performances, the father caught the guy getting too friendly with his daughter so he fired him. I was "drafted" into service in his place. The old man taught me to play dumbek (I'd never even seen one before let alone the 5/4 time signature-this was the 70's). The dancer performed very respectfully, not sleazy at all. I played a 45 minute set followed by a 15 minute set followed by a 45 minute set, etc, etc. Needless to say, by the end of the night I was exhausted. Don't remember how much I was paid for this if at all (I said it was a long time ago) but I learned a lot about Middle Eastern music.

Can anyone beat this ??

Mmmmmmmm

First gig we ever had was a a bar with strippers and we were subjected to full frontal flashes on a regular basis. Welcome to R&R :)

First gig we ever had was a a bar with strippers and we were subjected to full frontal flashes on a regular basis. Welcome to R&R :)

When was this? I haven't encountered a stripper since 1986. Have I missed anything?

I once did a show that was preceded by a male burlesque show. No men were allowed for the burlesque show, except staff and band. It was attended by over 700 women, most of which were hot and bothered. How did I know this? You could quite literally smell the female excitement. Impossible to miss and quite unforgettable.

It was attended by over 700 women, most of which were hot and bothered. How did I know this? You could quite literally smell the female excitement. Impossible to miss and quite unforgettable.
Wow!

& you got out of there intact? How much did the venue charge the band to play the gig? ;)

I was tempted to use an alternative term for suspect in relation to that story, but decided against it.

I was in a country band at the time (early 80's). As per usual I left that night without any phone numbers or stories. If I knew then what I know now...it probably would have turned out exactly the same lol.

I played a resort gig back in the 80's. During one of the band's breaks I had to stay at the drums to accompany a belly dancer. Never did see her act from the front.

No strippers or pole dancers unfortunately but I once did a gig for an 18th birthday party which had a "Hookers & Pimps" theme so plenty of scantily clad ladies around.
When a couple of said ladies decided to quite obviously and deliberately display their affection for each other in the middle of the dance floor, I've never seen so many iphones whipped out so quickly...

No strippers or pole dancers unfortunately but I once did a gig for an 18th birthday party which had a "Hookers & Pimps" theme so plenty of scantily clad ladies around.
When a couple of said ladies decided to quite obviously and deliberately display their affection for each other in the middle of the dance floor, I've never seen so many iphones whipped out so quickly...

I need to go to more 18th birthdays. 21st aren't quite as bad.

My birthday this year consisted of sitting on the sofa and playing Kerbal Space Program. I'm so extreme. I was thinking about pole dancers though. Does that count?

I once did a show that was preceded by a male burlesque show.

I don't know how you'd find the energy to play after a full set of stripping, but I do commend. I bet the ladies love that "Larry the electrician" theme. I assume there's plenty of industry jargon for innuendo. "Watch out ladies! He's going to upgrade your circuit to 30A, but has to turn off the juice to get started!"

Back