Pocket Drummers

isawstars

During my drum lesson yesterday, my teacher was trying to get me to relax while playing difficult beats. He then began to talk about how pocket drummers really get relaxed and played a video of Tom Petty and the band--Their drummer (I forgot his name) is great. He made playing drums look effortless.

Can anyone recommend other pocket drummers they like? Music genre does not matter.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
What is the pocket and how do I get one?
A small recepticle for carrying or storing goods. Can usually be found in the front and rear of a pair of jeans, trousers or shorts. Occasionally found on the front of a shirt and makes identification of those working in IT easier, due to the small plastic protector within them containing pens. Can be purchased at any reputable clothing retailer.

Is also the shortened username of a well loved and humerous (albeit bored) Drummerworld forum member. :)

OR, you could check out this active discussion: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74306

haroldo_psf

A small recepticle for carrying or storing goods. Can usually be found in the front and rear of a pair of jeans, trousers or shorts. Occasionally found on the front of a shirt and makes identification of those working in IT easier, due to the small plastic protector within them containing pens. Can be purchased at any reputable clothing retailer.

Is also the shortened username of a well loved and humerous (albeit bored) Drummerworld forum member. :)

OR, you could check out this active discussion: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74306

Oh man, that's awesome! I'm a pocket drummer galore then! :)

So, to be clear, if I were to play "in the pocket", should I purchase a pair of 147 inch waist jeans at Big and Tall and play in them?

tamadrm

Platinum Member
During my drum lesson yesterday, my teacher was trying to get me to relax while playing difficult beats. He then began to talk about how pocket drummers really get relaxed and played a video of Tom Petty and the band--Their drummer (I forgot his name) is great. He made playing drums look effortless.

Can anyone recommend other pocket drummers they like? Music genre does not matter.
That was Steve Ferone and that guy has been playing ,I would bet ,twice as long as you have been walking the planet.Thats why he makes it look easy.There are numerous threads on the subject ,currently being discussed on this forum.You may find an answer there,but more opinions than anything else,since it is a very subjective issue.

Steve B