Please! Post Your Marine/Oyster/Pearloid Wrap Kits Here:

criz p. critter

Silver Member
Does Ludwig Standard Blue Strata count?
Absolutely! I've love Standards, and those are a beautiful example. The badges were totally cool, and they had the grooviest wraps. I have a set of 70s three-ply in white cortex, and I'd trade them for Standards in a heartbeat.

To me, Standards are to Classic Ludwigs as Olympics are to Premier.

morguis

Absolutely! I've love Standards, and those are a beautiful example. The badges were totally cool, and they had the grooviest wraps. I have a set of 70s three-ply in white cortex, and I'd trade them for Standards in a heartbeat.

To me, Standards are to Classic Ludwigs as Olympics are to Premier.
Same shells, diferent hardware and badges for Standards and top of the line Ludwigs.

criz p. critter

Silver Member
Same shells, diferent hardware and badges for Standards and top of the line Ludwigs.
Same thing with Premier and Olympic: same shells, different hardware. But also Premier have die cast rims, Olympic triple flange. Point is, the cheaper lines, whether thought of as Student or Entry Level drums, sound as good as the top of the line.

Drumdame

Me and my Gretsch Catalina Club from 2017ish. Sounded and especially looked way better than the price point, so much so that I regretted selling it and recently bought another in 12, 16, 22 configuration in White Chocolate.
I'll drink to that!

Drummer_D

Mikecore

Silver Member
Rebuilt PDP in turquoise oyster; 10/13/16/20.
Rebuilt Fibes, using old white onyx PDP shells; 10/12/14/22.

Attachments

• IMG_0378_30.png
    IMG_0378_30.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0374_30.png
    IMG_0374_30.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Drumdame

Rebuilt PDP in turquoise oyster; 10/13/16/20.
Rebuilt Fibes, using old white onyx PDP shells; 10/12/14/22.
Absolutely gorgeous! I love both kits. Congrats and enjoy!

Drummer_D

Suburbankidz

Here is my Pearl Export EXR kit set up. Fun little kit! The person who had them originally took very good care of them. (I'm short so please no wisecracks about the tom angles 😁 😉)

Apparently the color was marketed as Prism Purple. 🤔

Pearl exr setup in den.jpg

Last edited: