Please Invent Something New For Me

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
Last night I played my first gig in a long time. I could not figure out where to hang my virus mask. I wore my mask when I was not on stage playing.
While I was playing, my mask fell to the ground. Someone please invent a drum set mask hanger.

(This is a drum set hardware thread. I hope this does not turn into another virus thread. LOL)

IMG_3409sm.jpg

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Do you have a clip on stick holder? If so, hang the mask from the clip. Not in the clip, but around the arms of the clip. The stand and stick holders will keep the mask from falling.

C.M. Jones

I would place it in my stick bag or gear bag while drumming. If you aren't using it on stage, there's no reason for it to be readily accessible.

Cymbal stand wing nut, Floor Tom Legs or Bass Drum Rods on the resonant side (then it will even react to a hit on the bass drum - how cool is that?).
DW will probably come up with a $70 product in the next few months if you can wait. ;)

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
It's called velcro

Congratulations on the gig

Was it well attended?
Yes, the place was packed. Felt great to play again. A large brewing, eating and bar joint. No one had a mask on except one of the bartenders. Scary. During the breaks I slipped my mask on and went outside.

Now I feel a little dumb. Some good ideas here. The lanyard and drum bag were good ideas. The drum bag idea made me realize I could have hooked my mask on my spare sticks in my stick bag.

C.M. Jones

Yes, the place was packed. Felt great to play again. A large brewing, eating and bar joint. No one had a mask on except one of the bartenders. Scary. During the breaks I slipped my mask on and went outside.

Now I feel a little dumb. Some good ideas here. The lanyard and drum bag were good ideas. The drum bag idea made me realize I could have hooked my mask on my spare sticks in my stick bag.

My stick bag is where I store everything once a show is in progress. I don't like to have accessories hanging from equipment. It reminds me of dice dangling from an auto mirror. I keep my stick bag on the ground near my throne. I don't worry about dropping or breaking sticks. I've never experienced either mishap during a performance, so I'll continue to tempt fate.

roncadillac

I just booked a gig for sat 6/27 and I foresee the same dilemma coming up. I'm extremely pleased and lucky to have the opportunity. I'm filling in for a friend's band again at a local hang so it's guaranteed to be a full house of 'good people'. Again, extremely lucky and I really feel for those who won't be able to do this for awhile.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I use my shoes as a drink holder, key holder, and cell phone holder, and anything else I have to store.

I guess I should mention that I take off my shoes when I play drums.

On second thought maybe the mask inside the shoes isn't the best idea...

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
I use my shoes as a drink holder, key holder, and cell phone holder, and anything else I have to store.

I guess I should mention that I take off my shoes when I play drums.

On second thought maybe the mask inside the shoes isn't the best idea...
I also take my shoes off when I play. Yeah, my mask in my shoe is a really bad idea..... LOL

felonious69

I work at an electric motor repair shop. I myself build control panels but we have several different gages of solid core wire. Some has an insulated coating, some does not. I have used short bits of it to hang squares, rolls of tape, several things. Just use the thickness you need (smaller gage numbers are thicker wire) and cut and shape to what you need.

Lee-Bro

I work at an electric motor repair shop. I myself build control panels but we have several different gages of solid core wire. Some has an insulated coating, some does not. I have used short bits of it to hang squares, rolls of tape, several things. Just use the thickness you need (smaller gage numbers are thicker wire) and cut and shape to what you need.

:D