Please help with midi

Hi, I have a Medeli DD502j edrums since a while and I wanna connect it by midi (it doesn't have USB-B) but I don't know what else to do besides having an interface (I bought the Roland MK2) but I don't know what to do to connect it to a vst. Any help or suggestions, please?
Thanks.

electrodrummer

module --> MIDI out --> MIDI Interface (Roland UM-ONE mk2?) --> USB --> computer[1] --> application[1]

[1] you haven't stated, but generally tell application which MIDI device you're using. Then configure application to respond to incoming MIDI notes and play the sound you want.

module --> MIDI out --> MIDI Interface (Roland UM-ONE mk2?) --> USB --> computer[1] --> application[1]

[1] you haven't stated, but generally tell application which MIDI device you're using. Then configure application to respond to incoming MIDI notes and play the sound you want.
Thanks for replying. I'm using ableton with native instruments but nothing happens :(

electrodrummer

Gonna need more of a clue.

But in the first instance, many people get the MIDI cables round the wrong way. IN/OUT. Swap them.,

then....

In Ableton what MIDI interface have you picked?

Gonna need more of a clue.

But in the first instance, many people get the MIDI cables round the wrong way. IN/OUT. Swap them.,

then....

In Ableton what MIDI interface have you picked?
This is the midi interface I picked (it throws that name into my pc), but nothing happens after that. I saw on youtube that I have to connect the in cable into the out port on the drums but I've tried chaning the cable round with the same results

1599666439744.png

electrodrummer

You have your MIDI OUT defined - looks like "USB20MIDI" but not the MIDI IN.

(drums by default, FYI are on channel 10)

electrodrummer

Now it's down to reading your manuals for your specific software combination to link it all up as I don't use that combination.

In theory we now have:

module --> MIDI data on ch 10 --> Roland thingy --> USB carrying MIDI data on channel 10 --> PC --> VST host software (Ableton?) --> VST listening for stuff on Channel 10 --> plays sound.

(you can test your MIDI bit is working by using something like MIDIox software - it'll show if stuff is being received OK. http://www.midiox.com/ )