Please help me choose a double pedal from these options

gilgameshers

There are several options (that are in my budget) in the drum store near me. I do not know which one to choose.
The options are:
- Dw 2000
- DW 3000
- Pearl P-932 demonator
- Tama hp200ptw

Thanks!

Last edited:
Pearl P-930/932's are what I have. They're a longboard design, where as the other 3 you have listed are more "traditional" designs. All 4 are fine pedals, however.

I have the Pearls. They are very well-made and I am happy with them.

This 100x. We can't tell you which pedal would be best for you, you have to go try some pedals out to see what you like. You may even find something that's not on your list that you like better.
Third on that one.

I tried the Pearl demon drives and they felt way too heavy for me, I also tried the axis, I was able to do sixteens single footed immediately, I bought neither because they were outside of my budget at the time, now if I was going for a high class pedal it would be the trick or the czarcie kopyto. Although I heard they czarcie also feels too heavy at first.. like some here said YOU have to try them yourself and see which one feels better for you.

I vote Pearl. They build a fantastic pedal and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Plus I always vote Pearl 🙂.

I've played some medium priced Pearls on a rehearsal kit for a few years, may have been the ones you're talking about and they felt really good. I actually owned a Iron Cobra 200 for I believe 7 years and it was a great pedal. For the price that is.

They are all fine
IMO the 3000 is good for heavy hitters and Pearl is fast

There are several options (that are in my budget) in the drum store near me. I do not know which one to choose.
The options are:
- Dw 2000
- DW 3000
- Pearl P-932 demonator
- Tama hp200ptw

Thanks!
You cannot go wrong with the Pearls.
My favorite bass pedals

If OP thinks Demon Drives are heavy, then I would avoid DW. Personally I like heavy pedals and ended up with Iron Cobras.

Last edited:
I would like to, but the store doesn’t give the option to try any of the double pedals.
sounds like a bad store then, if they wont let you try them out before buying, if you can, take your business eslewhere i'd suggest. any good store lets you try before you buy in most cases.

another consideration is replacement or upgraded parts. for example, the hinge can be replaced on the 3000 with a sealed bearing version used on the 5000, making for an even smoother feel. I also replaced the heel plate with a more stout one used on 5000 pedals but there was a little modification to the floor plate.

options……

Back