Please have a look and listen at my new kit

tolgapala

Hello Kenny,

Very nice video and very nice, tight sounding kit. I wish you had your snares on for a while, so that we could have a bit of a taste for that as well. All around the kit sounds quite nice as far as I am concerned.

Many thanks for sharing.

Cheers.
Tolga

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Kenny, congratulations on the new kit. Why the change? Anyhow, the new kit looks menacing in black, & it's sounding good too. Quite bright on the tom attack. Is that an EQ thing, or are these new drums sporting a different timber species/bearing edges. Just curious.

Kenny Howard

Hey Tolgapala..Thank you for watching and for the great words...I will post something soon with the snares on..Hey Bobdadruma...Thank you for the kind words,when they called me to let me know the kit was done, they commented..."There is none blacker than this kit." LOL Hey Andy!! Great to hear from you my friend and thank you for the great comments too!! No reason for the change..it had been in the works for a long while. The kit is the same as the gold one as far as shell material and edges...the finish is different in that it is a flat paint and not covered like the gold one. All the eq is the same too. I think it is brighter due to brand new heads all the way around...Still working the bugs out..Hey Turbojerk..Thank you for watching and for the compliments too...the splash is a 10" Amedia Classic series

tolgapala

oh, i almost forgot: congrats on your new kit. a beauty for sure. :) by the way, the finish is a mat one right? or it just seems that way?

any chance to lay out your recording gear (mics etc.) if that is possible?

cheers and thanks.

Tolga

Kenny Howard

Hey Tolgapala..Thank you for the congrats...the finish is flat black and the recording setup I use is a Yamaha digital board with shure beta 98s on the toms, a beta 52 on the kick, sm57 on the snare and sm 81 for overheads. I send a out from the board to the mic input of my camera...its a canon hd camcorder. Thank you again.

tolgapala

Hey Tolgapala..Thank you for the congrats...the finish is flat black and the recording setup I use is a Yamaha digital board with shure beta 98s on the toms, a beta 52 on the kick, sm57 on the snare and sm 81 for overheads. I send a out from the board to the mic input of my camera...its a canon hd camcorder. Thank you again.
cool. :) many thanks Kenny.

daredrummer

Gold Member
Very nice sounding kit. Unique tom sounds, what great attack! And that bass drum is great. I usually like more open sounds, not the tight punchy ones but this one sounded great!

Cayde

Sounds fine, but exactly the same as every other video. You almost always hover around the same tempo, always play the same fills, always follow the same dynamic. I remember seeing you posting your "groove solo" and thinking "awesome! some new ground for him to cover!" I clicked on it and found the same fills and rock beats but with some cymbal noodling preceding it.

Maybe this is not a negative thing for you, or anyone. Maybe you've found your niche and it feels good to say what you have to say within it. However, I can't help but feel that you have the skill and dedication to say some things on the drum set that are outside this normal comfort range. With new drums comes new possibilities!

Kenny Howard

Hey Cayde..Thank you for taking the time to watch the vid and thank you for you opinion and suggestions too...I value what other drummers say and try to use it for future ideas...sometimes I can get a narrow focus and it is good to have a critique to jump start a new direction and keep the fire burning...much appreciated.