Playing Stairway To Heaven by Zeppelin in a bandsetting!

NO STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!

(In the early '70s, some British music shops banned or fined patrons for playing "Stairway to Heaven" because it was played so often. Hence the sign: "No 'Stairway to Heaven'" when Wayne plays the guitar in the store.)

Only kidding. You all did a nice version. Just don't ever play it in front of a paying audience!

Hahaha Yeah, I did heard that. Good thing that the members in the audience didn't pay anything! Hahaha. No, but this was a part of a show with theater acting and we basically played the most famous songs from the 50s up to present day, that's why it was played. :)

Man!! I really dug that!! Not only you, but the whole band just jammed!! Very cool!! I couldn't really tell but did you only have hi hats and one crash? Are you a left handed drummer playing a right handed kit? I noticed that lead with your left hand.
First, thanks alot. :)

And no, I'm actually righthanded, for some reason I just decided I wanted to play openhanded ( you know, like Billy Cobham and Simon Phillips), crosshanded just felt wrong. And the ride is still there but it's on the right side as there were other drummers playing aswell so then it was time to ride, I decided to do it on the crash because it was easier. :)

Stairway on a Telecaster?! Blasphemous!!! Look, this song was not perfect, rushed in a couple spots, but I really like the fact that a bunch of young dudes were playing some real classics. It's nice to have an actual keyboardist on a song like that, too. Good job; it looked to be a lot of fun, and man, ain't that the whole point?

Thanks for commenting, guys!

Back