Playing live with my band. Hope you all enjoy....

darkcherryfade

Pioneer Member
Here's a few songs recorded from our last show. At some points you can hear the lack of practice in the last months kicking in, but I actually did a better job on these than I thought I would so I guess that's good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owq72EpRjT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt4EKs0Ezdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQV3B_v2Wco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQqhbd4ueY (SLOPPIEST ONE!)

If you want to hear some tighter performances, you can hear a few of our album tracks on the link in my sig (plus, the sound is way better). hope to get your feedback

You guys have a very "raw" sound but I don't mean that in any kind of negative way darkcherryfade.

I like your relaxed and very {body} centered approach to playing the drums for the music :}

The video "The song has no name" is great! I love the old school metal influence if you will. Also do you play open "arms" style? I play both open and crossed when needed.

I like it a lot man! It sounds like Tool on steroïds.

I know the sound aint great, it was at a local club with average sound, but not good enough sound to come out that good through just the camera
Ah, that makes sense.

Interesting stuff. What would really help it though is more order and structure to each song. The way it is now it just feels like a disorganized wall of sound.

It still sounds good though, I just like structure.

By the way: There's also a Rush song called Anthem. No problem, though, since there's like fifty bajlllion songs out there called In the End.

Actually there's tons of songs that share names overall in the music world, luckily there are no legal issues involved with song titles. I get what you're saying about structure. The 3of us used to be a different band with much more of a song-like structure to the songs and a singer, but after he left, we ended up going the more experimental, prog-ISH route. We actually do have a few songs structured like actual songs in this band (or version of the band if you will), but we enjoy writing pieces that go different places which may at first seem disorganized but are usually held together by a certain theme or logic which may be hard to catch at first. I know it's not for everybody and that will likely limit our potential fanbase, but it's the wavelength we're on right now so we've gone with it and people have seemed to take to it pretty well around here (more so than our old, more structured stuff). Anyway, thanks for taking the time to listen and give feedback

Actually there's tons of songs that share names overall in the music world, luckily there are no legal issues involved with song titles. I get what you're saying about structure. The 3of us used to be a different band with much more of a song-like structure to the songs and a singer, but after he left, we ended up going the more experimental, prog-ISH route. We actually do have a few songs structured like actual songs in this band (or version of the band if you will), but we enjoy writing pieces that go different places which may at first seem disorganized but are usually held together by a certain theme or logic which may be hard to catch at first. I know it's not for everybody and that will likely limit our potential fanbase, but it's the wavelength we're on right now so we've gone with it and people have seemed to take to it pretty well around here (more so than our old, more structured stuff). Anyway, thanks for taking the time to listen and give feedback
I can kind of see where you're coming from.

One of my long-term ambitions as a musician is to write a song with my band that starts out nice and simple, but turns into a shameless, disorderly, structureless, angry wall of noise. The guitarists are reduced to scraping at their strings and banging against the amps for feedback and I'm hitting everything on my kit, screaming profanities like a madman.

I liked the stuff in Anthem that starts out at the 1:27 mark or something.

Was Anthem influenced by Toto's Child's Anthem down the line? It has similarities.

I like your music! Keep on rocking (or metalling...)

Back