Playing gigs you don't inherently enjoy?

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I really like a lot of those! 🤒🤒

some have grown on me, especially the car/hot rod songs - specifically 455 Rocket and Rocket 88, because I am a HUGE Oldsmobile fan - but for the most part, the songs just sort of go by...in one ear and out the other. Especially the drinking songs...having never lived in that world on purpose, I just don't get any of it.

And blues music in general just bores the hell out of me...people cut down a lot on metal for guitar "wankery" and shredding...but to me the blues is the same thing, just not as fast. And again, I TOTALY respect what the Blues has done for American popular music, and music industry culture and history. I know my favorite kinds of music would not exist without the blues foundation

nicholasBR

I'm with you on the drinking stuff. Those days are long over for me. And I suppose with something like Hank Williams the songs are so simple a lot of their appeal relies on his delivery and his persona. Hearing even a great band cover "Hey, Good Lookin'" will never work as well as the original.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I'm with you on the drinking stuff. Those days are long over for me. And I suppose with something like Hank Williams the songs are so simple a lot of their appeal relies on his delivery and his persona. Hearing even a great band cover "Hey, Good Lookin'" will never work as well as the original.

yeah...some of that older stuff has a "jumpy" feel to it that is hard to cop; the old rock and roll stuff is the same