Played around on a 20" K Custom Hybrid ride today

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Have to say I'm quite impressed with it. I've never been a fan of the K series cymbals, the tone just doesn't fit my liking. I've always leaned toward the A series cymbals. However with the hybrid series I'm finding I'm liking them more and more. Bought a set of 13 1/4" K Hybrid hats 3 years ago and an 11" splash a year or so ago. The hats are nice and crisp, the splash is quick.

Now the 20" ride is peaking my interest. (Zildjian you are killing me making me want to spend money LOL) I compared it side by side to a 20" A Medium, A Sweet Ride, K Dark ride (think that's what it was). Side by side the Hybrid sounded better to me. ( sound is subjective which is why I said it sounded better to me) Nice stick sound and articulation, nice wash, good presence, bell sounded clear and cutting.

After hearing that cymbal if I come into the market for another ride I'm seriously going to consider putting down the cash on one of these.

If you are looking for a ride I highly recommend checking one out when you are looking.

FYI...

RIDE K Custom Hybrid Ride 20
Used Zildjian 20in K Custom Hybrid Ride 20 Cymbal

Details »
Drums
Guitar Center Scranton
Moosic, Pennsylvania 18507
570-343-0600
View Store's Used Inventory
Contact Store
Now Only
$149.99
CYMBALS | RIDE | K Custom Hybrid Ride 20
Available In: Scranton Telephone: Manager: Justin Norton

All sales subject to sales tax where applicable. Shipping charges available upon request.

FYI...

RIDE K Custom Hybrid Ride 20

Details »
Drums
Guitar Center Scranton
Moosic, Pennsylvania 18507
570-343-0600
View Store's Used Inventory
Contact Store
Now Only
$149.99
CYMBALS | RIDE | K Custom Hybrid Ride 20
Available In: Scranton Telephone: Manager: Justin Norton

All sales subject to sales tax where applicable. Shipping charges available upon request.

Appreciate it but not in the market for one right now. Other expenses to tend to first

I wasn't looking for a new ride either. I have a 30+ year old Sabian Dry Ride (21") and it's a great cymbal. However, after playing it for a few minutes, I bought the cymbal. Great bell sound. Yes, good attack. Very different ride sound too - dark and a little trashy. I still think I prefer the dry ride because of the brightness but it's close.

Back