Play While Standing Up

Don't see why he just doesn't get a cable operated hat stand and well.....stand! Not terribly complicated. A standing drummer was the thing with the Stray Cats, but he mostly used rims and ride for timing. Not sure how well keeping time with your left foot, splashing hats or doing a DB pattern would work. You could get a super tall bar stool or wedge a 2x4 up your (!edited!) if you really wanted to stand that bad.

For his next video....the biggest problem society faces, is that we have to use our hands to feed ourselves. That cuts down our efficiency when taking selfies and posting on FB. Someone should do something about that...

Sheesh! some peoples kids!

Are you guys really taking Rational Funk seriously? You know it's satire, right? There's an episode on drum tuning, and all he does is constantly get interrupted by his kids right before telling the viewer the most important thing.

The man is a genius. There's a BD monologue of his that had me in stitches. REPRESS! REPRESS!

Are you guys really taking Rational Funk seriously? You know it's satire, right? There's an episode on drum tuning, and all he does is constantly get interrupted by his kids right before telling the viewer the most important thing.

The man is a genius. There's a BD monologue of his that had me in stitches. REPRESS! REPRESS!

Well, that would explain it. Never seen the site before. Was thinking it was nothing more than click bait to get paid.

Okay I tried watching this. He isn't funny. Downright annoying actually. And his band is rather boring too. Guess that explains the all of 10 people who clapped.

Band is boring too?! Oh come on, why we bashing, this dudes an amazing drummer with a cool ass band, just having some fun. Maybe Im being sensitive, am I being sensitive, Im being sensitive.

Band is boring too?! Oh come on, why we bashing, this dudes an amazing drummer with a cool ass band, just having some fun. Maybe Im being sensitive, am I being sensitive, Im being sensitive.

Never said he couldn't play. Just find his music boring. It didn't speak to me, so to say.

No problem. I was pretty impressed with his brush technique.

I play standing up in my current rockabilly band. Not much need for a hi-hat in my music, but when I do, I have a pair of closed splashes mounted atop my ride. They give me a quieter option for vocals.

As only one foot is in use, I don't see how a stand up stand would work, nor do I see the need for it. If you need both feet, sit down.

Standing is really an old school, visual thing. I thank Slim Jim Phantom & Bob Stubbs (Social Distortion & the Rhythm Dragons), for teaching me how to do it right. Do it wrong and you'll have trouble walking the next day.

One of the great soul and funk drummers, Quinton Joseph played standing up. He played with Tyrone Davis, Curtis Mayfield, the Chi-Lites, The Staples, and more. Jim Payne asked him in Give The Drummers Some if he had a stool. He replied he's got one in storage in Chicago.

Back