Play along tracks

Khaine88

hey guys, im looking to update my ipod with some playalong tracks its just i cant find any that i like so if possible could you put some good ones that you have here so i can downlaod them... cheers

Jeff

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
If i want a drumless track to play along to then i usually go on ultimate guitar and download the track as a guitar pro tab then open it up in tux guitar. IF i wanted it as an audio file i can just play it onto audacity and export it as an audio file. This isn't hugely convinient but it's nice and legal and it allows you to edit what instruments you hear as well as the actual notes themselves.

Dan Lane

If you're looking for music to play along to.... I don't think you could do much better than "Essential Styles For the Drummer and Bassist." I don't know if it's still in print, because I know it used to come with a cassette that had all of the tunes on it, but you never know, I haven't been to my music store's book section in a long time. I have a burned CD of the tunes and a very old book.

Basically it has bass on the left Channel, and the Drums on the right Channel, and the rest of the band on both channels, so you can play along until you pick up the groove from Steve Houghton, (I know, eh?), and then you can take that side out of your ears and try to hold the groove on your own with the bassist. (Tom Warrington) There are also transcribed examples of each groove and "lead sheets" for each mini tune. Sections include:

"rock beat" styles:

1. Medium Funk
2. Pop Funk #1
3. Pop Funk #2
4. Fusion Funk
5. Funk Shuffle (very cool playing on this track.)
6. Funk-Rock
7. R & B # 1
8. R & B # 2
9. Rock and Roll
10. Bright Fusion
11. Slow Fusion Vamp
12. 7/4 Vamp (This one has provided me with many hours of fun jamming. Once you "get" the 7/4 pulse its very very fun to try new soloistic ideas over the vamp that you would never think to do in 4/4.)
13. Raggae Funk

Latin Styles

14. Bossa Nova
15. Fast Samba
16. Medium Samba
17. Slow Samba
18. Baion
19. 3/4 Samba (I didn't even know this exsisted until I bought this CD/book)
20. Cha-cha
21. Mambo
22. Songo
23. 6/8 Afro Cuban (Very good piano playing on this track.)

Jazz!

24. Medium Shuffle
25. Medium Bright Swing
26. Basie Groove
27. 3/4 Swing
28. Broken Feel
29. Ballad
30. Up Tempo

Very Comprehensive, sort of like that Tommy Igoe Dvd. I think there is also an "Essential Styles 2" book.

Francis

And never forget that if you have the videogame RockBand just go on practice mode for the drum(will be drumless), sit on your real drum and crank up the sound!!!

ivolin

If you're looking for music to play along to.... I don't think you could do much better than "Essential Styles For the Drummer and Bassist." I don't know if it's still in print, because I know it used to come with a cassette that had all of the tunes on it, but you never know, I haven't been to my music store's book section in a long time. I have a burned CD of the tunes and a very old book.

Very Comprehensive, sort of like that Tommy Igoe Dvd. I think there is also an "Essential Styles 2" book.
Hello, guys. I have Essential Styles 1 with CD. But I need a CD from Essential Styles 2/ Can anybody help me?

2bsticks

Platinum Member
I have the Hands Groove and Fills DVD by Pat Petrillo. It does have a great collection of play along tracks. Different styles where you can really focus in on your grooves and fills, and the quality is great, you also get the book and the DVD where Pat plays many of the tracks himself. You won't be disappointed with this great learning tool.

ivolin

I know about "Hands, Grooves & Fills" book and whant to purchase it. But now I need tracks from Essential Styles 2 CD

Ekim

Silver Member

Basically it has bass on the left Channel, and the Drums on the right Channel, and the rest of the band on both channels, so you can play along until you pick up the groove from Steve Houghton, (I know, eh?), and then you can take that side out of your ears and try to hold the groove on your own with the bassist. (Tom Warrington) There are also transcribed examples of each groove and "lead sheets" for each mini tune. Sections include:

"rock beat" styles:

1. Medium Funk
2. Pop Funk #1
3. Pop Funk #2
4. Fusion Funk
5. Funk Shuffle (very cool playing on this track.)
6. Funk-Rock
7. R & B # 1
8. R & B # 2
9. Rock and Roll
10. Bright Fusion
11. Slow Fusion Vamp
12. 7/4 Vamp (This one has provided me with many hours of fun jamming. Once you "get" the 7/4 pulse its very very fun to try new soloistic ideas over the vamp that you would never think to do in 4/4.)
13. Raggae Funk

Latin Styles

14. Bossa Nova
15. Fast Samba
16. Medium Samba
17. Slow Samba
18. Baion
19. 3/4 Samba (I didn't even know this exsisted until I bought this CD/book)
20. Cha-cha
21. Mambo
22. Songo
23. 6/8 Afro Cuban (Very good piano playing on this track.)

Jazz!

24. Medium Shuffle
25. Medium Bright Swing
26. Basie Groove
27. 3/4 Swing
28. Broken Feel
29. Ballad
30. Up Tempo

Thanks for the suggestion! I play bass badly as well as drums. Looks very useful.

imispgh

Check out Band in a Box. Virtually endless play along tracks. it's expensive but doubles as a music creation system you can add drums too. (Especially if you get the associated Real Band program). The demo works well but has only electronic sounds. The full boat uses real instruments. It's amazing how you can mix and match with real instruments and you can't tell they came from different places. You make songs by selecting songs from a huge library then altering them with chosen styles. After that you can switch all kinds of stuff around, timing, instruments etc. For each track that comes with a drum you can turn it off to play along with.

davidr

Muse tracks

I just created a torrent of muse tracks minus drums and vocals to mininova. Search "play drums with... Muse". Enjoy

Tuxido

Silver Member
Steve Houghton's drum set soloist

Tommy Igoe's Groove Essensials

Both of John Riley's book (art of bop and beyond bop) have good Jazz playalongs if thats what your looking for.