Pimp My Ride

maddrummr

Platinum Member
Well not really.

What I really would like is some assistance with the purchasing of my next ride cymbal. I bought a set of ZBT's when I first started drumming. Its time to continue my quest to upgrade my cymbals. I so far have replaced the hi-hats with Paiste 14inch Med-light Traditionals. I love them. I am not much of a jazzer but I'm no hard rocker. These sounded perfect when I tried them in my local shop and I still dig the sound.

Now for my ride. I am really open to all brands. I'm not a fan of pingy and brighter rides. But there has got to be some stick definition to it. I like a bit of dark undertone and some wash. I think a cutting bell would be nice, but not overpowering.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions on where to start?

kevmac858

i have recently fallen for the sabian aa raw bell ride. i like it alot and have started saving up for it. it has great stick definition and seems to fit your need in a ride. check it out on youtube

MrPowerRide

Well not really.

What I really would like is some assistance with the purchasing of my next ride cymbal. I bought a set of ZBT's when I first started drumming. Its time to continue my quest to upgrade my cymbals. I so far have replaced the hi-hats with Paiste 14inch Med-light Traditionals. I love them. I am not much of a jazzer but I'm no hard rocker. These sounded perfect when I tried them in my local shop and I still dig the sound.

Now for my ride. I am really open to all brands. I'm not a fan of pingy and brighter rides. But there has got to be some stick definition to it. I like a bit of dark undertone and some wash. I think a cutting bell would be nice, but not overpowering.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions on where to start?
paiste Twenty series rides are nice stick definition rides and not very pingy. or go with Signature Dark Energies (although those are pretty expensive)

maddrummr

Platinum Member
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. That AA raw bell seemed a bit to bright and pingy. As for the paiste signatures, just not dark enough. The dark energies are more what I'm going for. Except for that price. I think there has got to be something out there just as nice for a bit less. I'm thinking along the lines of Istanbul or Bosphorus. But I have no idea where to start with those brands. Never had really came across them.

bradmapex

you might like a Sabian HHX Stage ride, i have one and it sounds great , enough stick definition that you know its there, and its got a nice raw bell, very musically sounding and not to over powering

maddrummr

Platinum Member
Thanks. I like that stage ride. Except I'm thinking I may want something bigger and lower in pitch. But that is definitely more what I'm going for...I think. :)

maddrummr

Platinum Member
Aside from that cymbal being a bit out of my budget (I would like to keep it under 350 if at all possible) it is very nice. Also wow, I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon that website before.Thanks for posting it. I now am going to have a lot of listening to do :)

maddrummr

Platinum Member
Very nice...thanks. I think my local shop has some twenty's in stock. I should go try them out. What do you guys think of the Bosphorus Antique series? The reason is I think I really like the 22" Antique Medium ride.