Picks of my kit

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Here are some picks of my kit. It's a 1974 Gretsch. I bought it new back when dinosaurs roamed the earth! It's my Pride and Joy! Please feel free to comment. I know that you won't be shy! LOL! Please note my custom cymbal stands. This is what happens when an automotive tech gets hold of a drum kit. I never liked moving, positioning and setting up stands. So I decided to eliminate as many of them as I could. I took these with my new LG Dare cell phone and I finally learned how to resize them and post them in this thread. I also learned how to use Bluetooth to import them onto my computer. I'm proud of myself. It took me six months of being a member to obtain these computer skills! I got my first computer a year ago. I'm Old! What else can I say! Please note my 22 in 2002 ride that I converted into a sizzler. It sounds awesome!

Attachments

• 1229082002.jpg
    1229082002.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 458
  • 1229082003.jpg
    1229082003.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 1229082033.jpg
    1229082033.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 458
  • 1230081817.jpg
    1230081817.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 457
  • 1230081819.jpg
    1230081819.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 462
  • 1230081820.jpg
    1230081820.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 458
  • 1230081823.jpg
    1230081823.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 454
  • drumset1.jpg
    drumset1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 456
  • drumset4.jpg
    drumset4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 459
  • drumset5.jpg
    drumset5.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Well it might be a little old but as long as they sound good, that's what counts eh? Good to see a bit of automotive engineering going on there with the stands, i guess it's probably cheaper than a rack. Well it might have been a bit of a long time coming but at least you have learned some valuable new skills, i guess you can teach an old dog new tricks eh :p We got our first computer back in about 95 or 96 or something. It was an old olvetti that our friends gave to us that ran DOS. Pretty crap even at the time.

Well it might be a little old but as long as they sound good, that's what counts eh? Good to see a bit of automotive engineering going on there with the stands, i guess it's probably cheaper than a rack. Well it might have been a bit of a long time coming but at least you have learned some valuable new skills, i guess you can teach an old dog new tricks eh :p We got our first computer back in about 95 or 96 or something. It was an old olvetti that our friends gave to us that ran DOS. Pretty crap even at the time.
I looked at racks and I decided that they weren't for me. And yes, I and my kit are a bit odd! I like myself and my kit that way. They do sound good. I get compliments on my sound all the time.

How are those K Custom Hybrids?
I've heard the ride and fell in love with it lol.

When I get an exponential amount of money, i'll buy a set of them :p

How are those K Custom Hybrids?
I've heard the ride and fell in love with it lol.

When I get an exponential amount of money, i'll buy a set of them :p
I haven't played any of my other Hats or Crashes in about a year because I like the Hybrids so much. I just last week sold and also donated 11 of my old cymbals to other drummers and an inner city music school. I guess that that shows how much that I like the K Customs. I may also get the 20" ride if I find some cash in an old coat pocket or somewhere. I still like my Paiste's. I've had them since 1981 or there about.

Sweet! Love the 2oo2s, and sizzler duly noted. Pretty impressive that you could get all those cymbals on your kit with just two cymbal stands counting the hi-hat stand. Deathmetalconga will love your kit...

I guess you are not one who believes in keeping weight off the kick loller.
I reinforced the inside of the bass drum with a piece of 1/4 inch thick plywood where the cymbal stand mounts to the drum. The cymbal stand post goes all the way to the bottom of the drum where it is also mounted and screwed to the drum. The drum can be picked up by the stand. It is extremely strong and sturdy. It doesn't rock or flex at all. I have been playing it for over a year now without any problems. The Rogers rack tom mount is similar. I ordered the Rogers hardware when I bought the kit new because I didn't like the Gretsch tom hardware of the time.

Back