Picking a wedding band as a musician = pain!

sonnygrabber

Are you in the UK? Maybe I should start a new thread, "UK wedding bands!"
Nah, sorry mate. I'm in 'straya. But maybe we could come to an arrangement? I reckon with flights, accommodation, meals, transport, gear( I could use your kit!), and fee it wouldn't cost much more than double what the wedding would cost anyway! Let me know! :p

Popcorn Mogul

A friend of mine played at his own wedding with his own band (he was the drummer. I now am as he lives a day's drive away) I think they got someone else to play drums during the rest of the day though...

Diet Kirk

Silver Member
Nah, sorry mate. I'm in 'straya. But maybe we could come to an arrangement? I reckon with flights, accommodation, meals, transport, gear( I could use your kit!), and fee it wouldn't cost much more than double what the wedding would cost anyway! Let me know! :p
Yeah, cool, I'll just give you my bank details, log in and take what you want ;)

Yes. This.

When I married my wife, I knew what her musical tastes were, what mine were, which ones I successfully turned her on to, which ones she revealed to me that Ifound out that I liked, which bands she would want to see should they tour through town, etc. Also, I found out that she doesn't like receiving jewelry, so I get to take her out to see Steve Miller Band or Russell Peters for her birthday instead of shopping for a necklace or earrings for the 10th time like those "other" poor married saps do--score!
My first post was obviously in jest and stolen from one of my fave comedians but in all honesty, if you know her well enough to marry her you should know what her musical tastes are.
Hey are you two suggesting we shouldn't be getting married if we can't come to an easy conclusion over a wedding band? haha. Of course I know her tastes, and I know which tastes we share and which we don't. The brass band thing is a taste we share, but while I tend to strive for the slightly unusual she provides the common sense and grounding! I was quite surprised she didn't go for the brass band idea though.

You do have a lot to learn! Let your wife pick the band! Denis
I'm a slow learner! :p