Picked up a new ride.

Biscuit

I've been useing an AA RBDR for a while now but lately i've wanted a ride with a little more wash but still keeping the ping that i like. I picked up a 21" AAX Stage Ride and i absolutely love it! It's not all that crashable IMO but it gives me what i want in the other area's. I can see myself playing this cymbal for a long time to come!

Not that important of a post i'll admit. I just wanted to share my joy with all of you guys. Later!!

Cool.

I had an HH RBDR that I eventually thought was too dry so I traded it for an AA RBDR. That cymbal was a bit livelier, but I came to the conclusion that it was also too dry, especially in a loud band environment - it almost didn't matter if I played butt-end on the bell or mashed the stick into the edge, the sound was the same! I thought it sounded great (amazing, really), but I wasn't thrilled with the way it played; it just wasn't very dynamic.

I'd played on several 20" Stage Rides at music stores and they were all very dynamic and washy. I'm not terribly keen on 20" Rides in general because I have a couple 20" crashes, and idk, it just seems weird, so I went on a mission to find a 21" but the only one I could find was fairly dry sounding. Not at all like a slightly larger version of the 20" - it was more like an RBDR.

Maybe it was that particular specimen? It sounds like yours matches the one I played though, so I'd like to hear how you're digging it after a week or two.

I know there's a lot of variation from one cymbal to the next so I'll be keeping my eye out for another one.

On an almost related note, I won a 21" A Zildjian Medium Ride (very close conceptually to the 21" AAX Stage) two days ago and am really looking forward to hearing it... erm, at least looking forward to seeing a tracking number, or hearing from the seller, or any indication that he remembers that he had an auction going.

Maybe he's in the hospital or jail or wearing cement boots at the bottom of a lake somewhere? I hope not; I want my cymbal!!

Cool.

I had an HH RBDR that I eventually thought was too dry so I traded it for an AA RBDR. That cymbal was a bit livelier, but I came to the conclusion that it was also too dry, especially in a loud band environment - it almost didn't matter if I played butt-end on the bell or mashed the stick into the edge, the sound was the same! I thought it sounded great (amazing, really), but I wasn't thrilled with the way it played; it just wasn't very dynamic.

Thanks Mike! I agree with you there. That was also my problem with my AA RBDR. I love it just messing around at home but in a live setting it just didn't "stand out" so to speak. I played on my Stage Ride last night for a while and i just kept thinking to myself " I can't wait to play a show with this". For me that's going to be the real test is seeing how it does in a live setting.

I had a simular experience with a seller like that. You would think people would have enough decentcey(spelling?) about themselves to keep you in the know about what you bought from them. I hope it works out and you get your cymbal. I always did think that ride sounded good..or at least the ones i tried out sounded good to me.lol

Back