Picked up a Mapex Venus kit

Superman

Gold Member
Picked up a Mapex Venus kit for $50 on CL yesterday. Very nice lady bought it used for her kid who never used it. Was in a bit rough condition, needs some work and a few new parts (bass drum tom bracket) but it should serve as a nice beater kit. Also came with two cymbal stands and a snare stand. Not sure if I should re wrap it or leave it as is.

Attachments

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Great price and a great beater kit. As GruntersDad said, flip it - but I'm talking about the bass drum. Flip it around with the spurs toward the front, and put the resonant head where it belongs. Now. Looks better, eh?

GeeDeeEmm

Superman

Gold Member
Great price and a great beater kit. As GruntersDad said, flip it - but I'm talking about the bass drum. Flip it around with the spurs toward the front, and put the resonant head where it belongs. Now. Looks better, eh?

GeeDeeEmm
Yeah I already noticed that when I started stripping it. That pic was the one she posted on CL. I might flip it, I certainly don't need it as I have 3 good kits already, but then I was thinking if I join a band and ever want to leave one at a rehearsal space I'll kick myself for getting rid of it.